• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scratch signs David Duval

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Scratch Golf Signs David Duval to Endorsement Contract

Chattanooga, Tenn. (Jan. 13, 2011) - Former world No. 1 and 2001 British Open Champion David Duval has signed a deal with Scratch Golf to carry their clubs on the PGA TOUR. As part of the agreement, Duval will feature a Scratch Golf logo on his golf bag and hat.

"David Duval is one of the best players of his generation and we are excited that he has decided to become a part of our company," said Ari Techner, president of Scratch Golf. "David has won championships all over the world and has an enormous following in the golf industry. We think he is a fantastic addition to our Tour staff."

Duval has 13 victories in his PGA TOUR career and is a past recipient of the Vardon Trophy and the Byron Nelson Award. In addition to his major championship, he has won THE PLAYERS, THE TOUR Championship and been a member of two Ryder Cup and three Presidents Cup teams.

"I am extremely excited to join the Scratch Golf family," said Duval. "I put their clubs in play last season and they really made a difference in my game. In addition to playing the clubs, I look forward to working with the team at Scratch to develop some new products and grow the brand in the coming years."

Duval is the second former world No. 1 to play Scratch products. Cristie Kerr, who ascended to the top ranking in the women's game in 2010, has been playing Scratch wedges since 2009.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
Hmmm ... interesting. He'll be rubbing shoulders with sk8ter boy Ryan Moore now. I wonder if he'll start wearing a cardigan & tie also. ;)

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Hmmm ... interesting. He'll be rubbing shoulders with sk8ter boy Ryan Moore now. I wonder if he'll start wearing a cardigan & tie also. ;)

Ryan Moore left Scratch last month to go to Adams.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Oops ... my bad. So the sk8ter boy will be playing "old man's clubs" now? ;) The mind boggles ...

The more shocking thing is how often Adams is considered "the old man's version" of golf clubs.

Check the bags of the majority of the PGA and you'll see an Adams hybrid or 3 wood in there. And, the guys that are landing contracts to play their equipment of late are sure making other groups look sad.

Adams is anything but your grandfather's set anymore. You can take that to the bank.

R35

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I've been looking at Adams hybrids. If I decide on one, my buddies will have a hayday with me. Not that I care. Most people still consider them grandpa's clubs, even tho you are right Rock.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Ryan Moore left Scratch last month to go to Adams.

I know, its hard to keep up sometimes. Speaking of keeping up, where did Furyk end up signing? I know he's not with Srixon anymore and had been playing a TM driver...so....

OP
indacup

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I know, its hard to keep up sometimes. Speaking of keeping up, where did Furyk end up signing? I know he's not with Srixon anymore and had been playing a TM driver...so....

He signed with Taylor Made

🔥 Latest posts