• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scratch Wedges

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
United States United States
Standard DG wedge shaft is S200.
No Bro - it ain't, but i like r400s better. I got two boxes of them waiting on my next inspired iron set. The word STANDARD means something. Google up some stuff: 'specially responses from True Temper in response to this " what is the average human" question, and come back to tell us what you found.

Wait..to be fair...Oem standard here aint Oem standard there....

Last edited:

mlgolf

Dec 7, 2012
Country
No Bro - it ain't, but i like r400s better. I got two boxes of them waiting on my next inspired iron set. The word STANDARD means something. Google up some stuff: 'specially responses from True Temper in response to this " what is the average human" question, and come back to tell us what you found.

Wait..to be fair...Oem standard here aint Oem standard there....
I can only speak for Acushnet, so I won't argue with you, but the standard Dynamic Gold wedge shaft for Vokey is S200 world wide.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Maybe world wide, but not in TrickyPutt world.
Hey scorpion brain....i wont disagree on softer flex than irons. Mine are kbs reg flex. Had to order them special. I just think anybody mentioning a dg (anything but 300) might have a contribution.

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
I don't mean it in a bad way, it's just that your from a different planet man.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
S300 is. S200, 300, 400 all roll off the same production run, and sorted by weight. As far as stiffness goes: S200 = 5.5 FCM, S300 = 5.8 FCM, S400 = 6.1
Careful, tricky and I had this argument awhile back and he didn't believe me then either, it appears he has changed his tune.

TrickyPutt

Banned
Banned
Jan 11, 2012
Alabama
Country
Well some guys hit the full wedge and like stiff and some hit the 3/4 and like soft and s200 is like sayin im a democratipublican. Im just tryin to get a commitment here.

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
Rockbottomgolf has scratch wedges on sale for $50, I looked all over their listing and can't tell if they are conforming or not. Anybody know? Anybody played these? They look sweet!

Scratch 8620 Milled Wedge by Scratch Golf - Golf Wedges
Sorry I didn't see this earlier......but Scratch clubs come standard with KBS shafts, unless otherwise requested...so I assume the deal from RBG would be the same.....

BTW- Thats a better deal than I can get....which kinda irks me.... ;)

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Sorry I didn't see this earlier......but Scratch clubs come standard with KBS shafts, unless otherwise requested...so I assume the deal from RBG would be the same.....

BTW- Thats a better deal than I can get....which kinda irks me.... ;)
Good info and good to see you around again!!

Members online