• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Season's Goal Achieved at the last gasp attempt!!!

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I have a hard time understanding our handicap system over here. My cap has shot up since playing more difficult courses. The difference in my scores is as much as 20strokes from a 6000yd. 116 slope to a 6900yd. 137 slope. I could be a sub 5 in less than 2 months if I found a course short course with slow, easy greens and be able to hit approach shots unimpeded from adjacent fairways. That's more or less how the course I was playing last year was. I could screw up every shot and still make a bogey. The greens and greensides were so ridiculously easy getting up and down was a cakewalk.

How does course difficulty effect caps over in the UK or Canada?

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I haven't a clue what those slope ratings mean.When we play the course is adhusted for weather etc by takign the average of all scores posted,and this then adjusts the score expected from a scraatch plaey,called the sss.Nice and easy.If you play on difficult courses and your handicap goes up then your system is flawed.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online