• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Season's Goal Achieved at the last gasp attempt!!!

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
My target for the Season was to get down to a 7 Handicap from 8.4 at the start of the season. I managed to get down to 7 briefly midway through the season but it didn't last long due to one thing and another effecting my game. Today was the last Comp of the season which counts towards our Handicap a singles medal. I started off with a bogey on the 1st followed by Double bogey on 2. Then I birdied 3 and managed to go out in 4 over 40. Back 9 started Double bogey, bogey with 3 putts on both holes.

I then took myself to one side and had a word with myself. I then went Par, Par, Par, Eagle, Par, Birdie, Par finish. Only the 18th was an up & down par all the others had decent Birdie attempts. So I went OUT 40 IN 35 (level par) for a Gross 75 net 67. I'm curretly the clubhouse leader but more importantly I will come down at least 0.8 of a shot maybe even a full shot depending on the CSS today. This means I will be off 7.0 or 7.2 for the start of next season!!! Goal achieved!!! :D

This was using my new MP32's 4-pw, MP Fli-Hi 3 iron, Eracers Napa, IG's 54 spin milled and a Mizuno Mp001 460 all of which I've had for less than a couple of weeks!!! Who can't buy a game :laugh:

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Nice one:) the greens should be top dressed and you should be on winters,none qualifying,so it doesn't count

The master

Oct 24, 2004
Nice one:) the greens should be top dressed and you should be on winters,none qualifying,so it doesn't count

Some clubs play qualifying comps right until the clocks go back, therefore making today the last counting competition.

Great score btw, always nice to shot low in a medal and get down a shot. What clubs are you treating yourself to after this performance.

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Me Too!!!!

I'm down to a 7 also!;)
A 7 per hole, that is!!!!!!:biglol:

Great job!:thumbs up:
Keep it up!!!:laugh:

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Good form and you did a fine job staying with it...great backside.

Tell us about the eagle....

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Greens will be done this week!!! Next week is the 1st winter league match which runs from now until the end of March where handicaps can not be altered.

I'm still waiting for a MP Fli-Hi #4 with Project X shaft and a Mizuno MP R 52 degree wedge (bent to 51) which were custom orders and should be here in a week or two. I'm thinking about a MP600 for Christmas. The Napa will be visiting the custom shop over the winter as well. I need a new Electric trolley. Apart from that my bag is settled :laugh:

The Eagle was on the 264 yard par 4 15th which plays a little longer as it's up hill all the way. I drove the green to about 15ft and canned the putt with a big fist pump as it dropped in the cup for an Eagle 2 and a 'bag of balls'. :D

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
Congrats, Manchester. A 7 is like a 3 or 4 in the states, isn't it? That's pretty good.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
WE ho too much? Look at MG:laugh:

What exactly is a 7 from over there over here?

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Congrats, Manchester. A 7 is like a 3 or 4 in the states, isn't it? That's pretty good.

Not exactly sure how you work them in the US but I think our system takes longer to get your handicap up or down. I think if you string a few good rounds together using the US system you can come tumbling down or a few bad ones go shooting up. I think yours is average from last 20 rounds (ish) where ours takes every competitive round into account.

I don't think I'd be off 3 or 4 as todays round I played to 4 and thats my lowest from the Plates. That round will bring me down 0.8 of a shot where as in your system if that shoved a plus 14 round out of my average it would make a huge difference?

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
I think that your system is a better gauge of how your playing lately, as ours is better at measuring potential.

I currently am at 6.5, and my last round was a 76. Unfortunately, it knocked a 75 out of my last twenty, so I stayed the same. If I still had that 75, I'd be around 6.0,6.1.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
'measuring potential' lol!:) thats brillaint,and I thought handicaps are suppsoed to measure current standard

Anyway,as I said,if you all stopped swopping clubs with each other then maybe you could have a proper handciap sysyem.Instead,you have to have one that measures the potential of what might happen if you all kept the same bags for 6 months;)

Clugnut

Gimme some roombas!
Aug 13, 2006
'measuring potential' lol!:) thats brillaint,and I thought handicaps are suppsoed to measure current standard

Anyway,as I said,if you all stopped swopping clubs with each other then maybe you could have a proper handciap sysyem.Instead,you have to have one that measures the potential of what might happen if you all kept the same bags for 6 months;)

Oh, why don't you sit on your ultra-boom.:laugh:

Honestly, "measuring potential" is how the USGA describes its handicapping system. That's why only ten of twenty count, and the whole ESC thing. It is eliminating the crappy breaks that happen when you play this game, bounces of decisions. Not saying its right, it just is.

BTW, Manchester is the biggest ho on here. He buys and sells more than anyone. Of course, he is trying to make some side cash by doing it, as are a lot of us. I don't think most of us are trying to buy a better game. We all just like to experience different pieces.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Yep,but he is the only ho in the country,you are a country full of hos,its why you invented Ebay.

I didn't know your system measure potential,thats brilliant,I will be off +10 because I believe in reincarnation and might come back as Seve,or a worm.

I now know why Tiger comes in at +8,its measuring what he might have been had he stayed single and practiced more,over here he would lucky to be off scratch.

Saturday night is beer night btw,I know you lot wrestle aligators and box orangatangs,we just baby sit and get plastered,and post bollocks obviously.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online