• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Second of three lesson last night, and I regret

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
not getting lessons sooner. It was pretty nutty. He has made such small changes and the results are impressive to say the least. first lesson he has me narrow my stance and get closer to the ball this lesson he had me take the club more strsight back instead of in side and he squared my shoulders which are naturally openfor some reason.

He hasn't even mentioned the need to any "swing" changes apparently what I got works when i get set up right. He had me hitting some shot with the driver and they were flying nearly out over and out the back to the range, which is pretty nuts to say the least. When I get set up right it's all loooonnng and straight it's hard to believe.

Hopefuly I can stick with the changes he as made and strat shooting some decent scores for a change.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Write them down in case you get in a rut. I have done this for years and it gives you something to look back on and also by writing them down serves to "burn" this information into your data bank. :)

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
That's not a bad idea ther WB.What I really need ot do is start going to the range way more often so I can get them ingrained in my swing.

Harry Longshanks

bow-chicka-bow-wow
Jul 20, 2008
The basics: Grip, Stance, Alignment.

Getting them right cures a lot of swing woes.

Getting them wrong causes a lot of swing woes.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
The basics: Grip, Stance, Alignment.

Getting them right cures a lot of swing woes.

Getting them wrong causes a lot of swing woes.

I agree. Watch the pros on the practice tee at a tournament. They spend almost all of their time working on the fundamentals.

OP
MAHALLEDAY

MAHALLEDAY

Mikey Dangerous
Nov 29, 2004
Yeah I have been a huge beleiver in that if your fundamentals are godo then everythign else just follows. The gf is trying to take up golf and surprise surprise she wants me to give her lessons. The only thing I have passed on to her is grip posture and alignment, after that I leave her to her own devices, and she's actually hitting the ball pretty solidly for a someone whos hit balsl maybe 5 times in her life.

I really wish I woudl have spent more time on the basics, but it;s hard to know your doing something wrong until your told. I guess that's where the lessons come in. I was pretty skeptical about the whole thing but I am sure glad I decided to take them. We'll hae to wait and see how it plays out on the course.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.