• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

See you next year!

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Clubs are cleaned and put away. New spikes on the shoes. I'm now in pheasant hunting mode.

Played my last round for this year today - nine holes.

Hole one par four, perfect drive down the middle, second shot within 5 feet of the pin and made putt for birdie.

Hole two par four, drive long but left of short tree line, 175 to pin and have a shot. Hit my hybrid and felt nice but had no idea where it went. Got to the green and was five feet from front edge. Chip (pin was near front edge) and putt for par.

Hole three par three, iron to 10 feet. Made the putt for birdie.

Next four holes (two par fours, a par three and one par five) all bogeys. Putted good on them though.

Then a double bogey and finish with a par on the par five. 40. I'll take it. Thank God nututhugame wasn't along or it would have been a 50. Not really. I like his company. I just try to hard to beat him and when I try I suck. When I don't care I play good. This game contradicts every sport I've ever played in that regard.

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Clubs are cleaned and put away. New spikes on the shoes. I'm now in pheasant hunting mode.

Post pics of the harvested Roo-birds please. They're becoming very hard to come by here in I-dee-ho (believe it or not). All the decent farmland has been turned into subdivisions, or the farmers wont let you hunt. Plus I had to put my hunt'in buddy down (RIP Rusty) a few years ago.... I've given up.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Pheasants have to be one of the dumbest animals on this planet. I see a few every now & then standing in the middle of the road, they won't run away like a turkey will either. They will just stand there & stretch their neck up a bit as you clobber them with your bumper.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
BTW for you turkey hunters, there are huge amounts of them around me. Saturday wife & I were out & probably saw the most in 1 group ever, had to be 50+ birds.

nututhugame

Winter Sucks!
Supporting Member
Dec 29, 2008
Southeast Wisconsin
Country
Pheasants have to be one of the dumbest animals on this planet. I see a few every now & then standing in the middle of the road, they won't run away like a turkey will either. They will just stand there & stretch their neck up a bit as you clobber them with your bumper.

I think you're actually supposed to shoot them Wi. You're brutal man.:cool:

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
I think you're actually supposed to shoot them Wi. You're brutal man.:cool:

Nah, they go down real easy, it's those giant freakin racoons that stand up just as you are headed straight at em that end up being brutal. Big ole thump as your tires roll over em.

Louie_T07

Sep 19, 2008
Sarnia, ON
Country
Canada Canada
I'm not much of a hunter myself, but I also haven't given up on the golf season just yet. Southern Ontario is becoming quite strange with the weather, one week its warm and beautiful, the next its cold and rainy!!

Our course is slated to close Nov. 15, but that depends on the weather. So that will probably be my last round. Unless I sneak out for a few holes once we close... Time will tell.

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country

Played my last round for this year today - nine holes.

Hole one par four, perfect drive down the middle, second shot within 5 feet of the pin and made putt for birdie.

Hole two par four, drive long but left of short tree line, 175 to pin and have a shot. Hit my hybrid and felt nice but had no idea where it went. Got to the green and was five feet from front edge. Chip (pin was near front edge) and putt for par.

Hole three par three, iron to 10 feet. Made the putt for birdie.

Next four holes (two par fours, a par three and one par five) all bogeys. Putted good on them though.

Then a double bogey and finish with a par on the par five. 40. I'll take it. Thank God nututhugame wasn't along or it would have been a 50. Not really. I like his company. I just try to hard to beat him and when I try I suck. When I don't care I play good. This game contradicts every sport I've ever played in that regard.

WBL - You know where to come pheasant hunting bud. I scared up about 300 out of one tree last Friday. What sucks is I was working and didn't have my gun, so they're all still there ;)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
WBL - You know where to come pheasant hunting bud. I scared up about 300 out of one tree last Friday. What sucks is I was working and didn't have my gun, so they're all still there ;)

I hunt pheasant with my car. Not a trip down your way goes without one pounded into the ditch or some bird a$$hole on the windshield near scares. Friggin' things are everywhere down there.

R35

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
WBL - You know where to come pheasant hunting bud. I scared up about 300 out of one tree last Friday. What sucks is I was working and didn't have my gun, so they're all still there

bames

I seriously thought of you but didn't know if the offer still stands. I also was going to buy a house and trying to sell this house so that put it on a back burner. Now I'm keeping this house so next year? 300 birds. Geesh.

Turkeys are NOT that smart either. Years ago they planted some Turkeys near my house. (Wisconsin was re-introducing them in the state). One was a huge, old, MEAN tom that would chase the kids waiting for the school bus and run in the road and block your path. I had enough of him terrorizing my daughter so just pulled out of my driveway and there he is, blocking the road two houses down. I tromped the gas and hit him dead on at probably 40 mph, rolled him on to the hood (wing hanging over each side of the car) and he rolled off. I stopped and there was this big pile of feathers. All of a sudden this head pops up out of the pile, he stands up, shakes himself and walks off. About a week later he does the same thing again in the same place. I tromped it and blasted him again. Same thing. Roll him up on the hood, wing hangin off each side and he rolls off. Big pile of feathers and "pop". Up comes the head and same thing again. Heard later the DNR picked him up, fixed his broken wing, let him go and someone shot him with a bow. Boy did he make lot's of turkeys. We had 40-50 turkeys in our yard or the neighbor's yard. Had them nesting in our tree at night. Turkey "families" walking down the street in front of our house and my daughter borrowed my turkey call and called about 20 into our front yard. After a year or so they got smarter and you never saw them again but for a couple years it was pretty interesting.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
Played my last round of the year last week Wednesday. Nothing great, just my usual bogey golf round, except for the last hole of the day........par 5 9th on Bridges course. The guy playing with us cut the dogleg corner which takes a huge drive and alot of luck to get past the trees to be in the fairway. Well, he did that and was about 170 out. He hit his 2nd shot and it landed on the green and rolled in the hole for a double eagle. He wasn't even excited. Wasn't even going to report it in the clubhouse. (I think he was so cheap that he was afraid he'd have to buy a round for everyone, and the bar was packed...........LOL.)

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
I seriously thought of you but didn't know if the offer still stands. I also was going to buy a house and trying to sell this house so that put it on a back burner. Now I'm keeping this house so next year? 300 birds. Geesh.

Turkeys are NOT that smart either. Years ago they planted some Turkeys near my house. (Wisconsin was re-introducing them in the state). One was a huge, old, MEAN tom that would chase the kids waiting for the school bus and run in the road and block your path. I had enough of him terrorizing my daughter so just pulled out of my driveway and there he is, blocking the road two houses down. I tromped the gas and hit him dead on at probably 40 mph, rolled him on to the hood (wing hanging over each side of the car) and he rolled off. I stopped and there was this big pile of feathers. All of a sudden this head pops up out of the pile, he stands up, shakes himself and walks off. About a week later he does the same thing again in the same place. I tromped it and blasted him again. Same thing. Roll him up on the hood, wing hangin off each side and he rolls off. Big pile of feathers and "pop". Up comes the head and same thing again. Heard later the DNR picked him up, fixed his broken wing, let him go and someone shot him with a bow. Boy did he make lot's of turkeys. We had 40-50 turkeys in our yard or the neighbor's yard. Had them nesting in our tree at night. Turkey "families" walking down the street in front of our house and my daughter borrowed my turkey call and called about 20 into our front yard. After a year or so they got smarter and you never saw them again but for a couple years it was pretty interesting.

Absolutely it still stands. Anytime. I don't even need much notice.

And Rock is right, everywhere is an understatement for the pheasants we have here.

🔥 Latest posts