• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Seeking driver feedback

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Anyone gaming the new Titelist 910 D2 or TaylorMade Superfast 2.0? Would like to hear your thoughts and what the new driver replaced.
Thanks.

xamilo

Right Curving Driver....
Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2007
Well, I hit the SuperFast 2.0 about a week ago. The stock shaft looks like 55in and I really think it felt it wobbled a lot even though I was playing a stiffer flex than I usually do. I really didn't find it to be longer than the previous SuperFast , nor I found any difference in performance regarding distance/dispersion/forgiveness.

I wouldn't bag a 2.0. If I was for the TM trend, I'd go for the original Super Fast for less than half the price now.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
The Superfast 2.0 is lighter, and white. The lighter head is supposed to increase your swing speed. But the shaft feels like garbage to me. For the same amount of money you can get one of hte new Cleveland lighter heads and a Miyazaki shaft. The shaft retails for 250, the drivers are $299.99.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
I have hit neither but there's been a lot of good reviews of the 910D2 & 3. I think TM are making their shafts too long now (result = harder to hit consistently) just so that TM can claim to make a driver that hits it longer than the previous model. Their shaft length is longer that that used by most of the pros (eg. 43"). If you cut the shaft down it messes with the swing weight & more weight needs to be added to the head. The Pros have tour vans to look after this for them. I couldn't be bothered buying a new (expensive) driver, knowing that there is added rigmarole (and expense) to cut it down to make it a more consistent club to hit.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Both the D2 and D3 are good drivers. The D3 especially. At least, they are for my swing.

R35

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
I hit the D2 and D3 a couple of weeks ago and I liked them. The sound has changed a little and it just doesn't have the same feel as the 909. The adjust-ability factor is really sweet and I was skeptical at first. I toyed with the head on a launch monitor and was hitting it surprisingly straight with the face all the way open. I could probably get used to that. And you can take it for what it's worth but, the guy trying to sell it to me said that it's the best driver out this year and he admitted to being a TaylorMade fan. To be honest though, I like the 909 better because of feel and sound. ...or maybe I'm lying to myself so I don't drop $400.

OP
MyBluC4

MyBluC4

Jan 23, 2008
Good feedback. Thanks. What if we added the new Ping K15 into the mix? Anyone got some comments?

lindo1215

Feb 14, 2010
i am currently playing the 910 d2 and i love it, nice sound great feel and flies off the face and the adjustabillity is not just a gimmic, and loads of great stock shafts available, i would really recomend it.

oh and it replaced my titleist 907 d2

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I was looking at the Titleist 910's and there is no upcharge for some pretty nice shafts. That's pretty neat.

But being "metallurgically inclined" I'd love to try the new RAZR Hawk driver with the forged composite material that replaces titanium. I'm betting that driver would be the top one out for distance. At least that's what I'll probably buy in a couple years when Dick's has them on sale for $150....

Titleist and Callaway are putting the Aldila RIP shaft in as standard on their drivers. It must be pretty good (R35?).

Crossfire

PGA Apprentice
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2006
Gave the 2.0 a workout, wasnt a huge fan. Opted to instead go for a 09' Burner TP and shop arround for an ATTAS T2, maybe comes to $100 more, but well worth it.

🔥 Latest posts