• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Selling a couple of Scottys

wirehair

Life's too short to drink cheap wine.
Reaction score
I've got some putters sitting around and am going to sell them. All are too good to restore, but aren't minty-fresh collectibles. I'll give you guys first crack. Anyone that wants pics of the longneck & the Mil-Spec, PM me & I'll get off my dead a$$ & post them. Prices are shipped & paypalled in the CONUS. I'll ship offshore, but we gotta talk about shipping & insurance.

1. Studio Stainless Newport 1.5 (the one with the insert) 35/330 has a red Baby-T and a Red studio stainless headcover. No dings etc, but shows very little wear on the sole 9/10. - $180.
Link:Studio Style Newport 1.5

2. Newport TeI3 longneck 35", has the crown on the face, no border around theinsert, with a red studio Style grip & a red studio stainless headcover. Topline, flange, & back is spotless but it has finish wear on the sole. No problems with this one - better than most. - $195.THIS ONE'S SOLD

3. ProPlat Newport Mil-Spec. 34/340 with a new Black Baby-T grip & pro-plat headcover. This was my sons gamer & it's got an assortment of minor dings on the edges. 7/10 - $180.THIS ONE'S SOLD

I've also got some Classics (1.5 & 3) I'm going to sell in the forseeable future, if anyone has a hankering to get something special.

Steve

Ive been looking for a cheap laguna 2 but since they dont make them anymore even the beat up ones arent cheap. I just want one for a gamer, never should have gotten rid of mine.

You still got that 3X black one? :)

I may become interested in the Ti3. There a few clubs I'm looking at and if they fall through I'll be looking at a putter instead.

I think that was it. You had it refinished 3X black and at one point you were asking around $300 for it? Something about if some dude had a putter, this would be it.
icon10.gif

I was looking at the Circa #3 but would rather have something shorter and more unique.

I was looking at the Circa #3 but would rather have something shorter and more unique.

That Black Loomis shaft is pretty rare, but give me a couple of weeks, I'll have a couple that will set you free.

Post info and price on the Classics.

can you post pics of proplat?

Mil-Spec pics
ms_back640.jpg
ms_face640.jpg
ms_sole640.jpg

Longneck Pics
tr_back640.jpg
tr_face640.jpg
tr_sole640.jpg

While I'm at it - easier pics of the SS NP 1.5
back640.jpg
face640.jpg
sole640.jpg

These are the Classics I'm going to sell. These putters are all quite rare and special. They're built in '93 before Scotty signed with Titleist while he and his wife Kathy operated out of his garage. While not handmade, all the Classics got Scotty's individual attention. Because of the rarity of these, they're expensive. Maybe some of you guys will find them interesting.

Most folks would get freaky at the thought of these guys actually hitting a ball, but I've played all of them at least once.

1. Classic 1.5 is the predecessor of the Santa Fe. This one was restored and hasn't got a mark or ding on it. Really hard to find. - $1,400.

2. Classic 2 became the Laguna. This one is all original and has a the marks to show. I was playing this with a guy one day, and when I missed a putt, he commented "If you had a real Titleist Laguna instead of a clone, you wouldn't miss those." I said nothing! - $1,050.

3. Classic III - Scotty only made 150 of these and this one is one of the really rare examples that are in unrestored 9.5/10 condition. The finish is flawless but these's a small ding under the "R" on the left face. $1,750.

4. Classic V Tour - This was made for a tour player in 1995. It's probably one of the transitional pieces that Scotty engraved so he could get Titleist a club count in '95 before their production line got running. Notice the smooth sole and it's got white paintfill rather than gold because white shows up better on TV. It's also unusual because it has both a dot and a line. Restored with single pass milling, no dings or marks. $1,750.
c15_back640.jpg
c3_face640.jpg
c5_back640.jpg

Classic 2 didn't load? This is also the only one without a Certificate of Authenticity from Scotty. It stands on it's own merits.
c2_face640.jpg

34/340 Mil-Spec is sold - others still available.

Longneck is sold.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423