• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sergio Garcia on Putting With Eyes Closed: 'The Feeling Overall Is Very Positive'

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States

Putting with his eyes closed.

It's working for @TheSergioGarcia.#QuickHits pic.twitter.com/GpSz2487HB

— PGA TOUR (@PGATOUR) October 2, 2020

SERGIO GARCIA SHOT A 68 in the second round of the Sanderson Farms Championship in Jackson, Mississippi. And he putted with his eyes closed. Sergio recorded five birdies and is in contention at 8 under for the tournament.

Golfworld quoted him saying:

"Usually. I've gone on and off, but like Augusta I won it playing with my eyes closed every single putt and some of the other wins, too," Garcia said on Friday at the Country Club of Jackson. "I've tried -- I feel like it gives me a little more freedom to feel the stroke instead of kind of -- sometimes we get too focused on trying to make it perfect and kind of following with the eyes and everything. So this way I feel like I just feel it and I just let me natural ability kind of take over instead of telling myself what to do.

"Obviously that's what I've been doing, and just trying to keep the stroke very smooth. These greens obviously help because they're very fast, so yeah, I felt like I've hit a lot of good putts. I made a few, I've obviously missed a few, but the feeling overall is very positive."

As Golfworld reported, other tour pros have putted with their eyes closed. Namely, Johnny Miller in the 1994 Pebble Beach Pro-Am (which he won) and more recently LPGA stars Lexi Thompson and Suzann Pettersen.

Source: Sergio Garcia on Putting With Eyes Closed: 'The Feeling Overall Is Very Positive'

🔥 Latest posts