• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sergio is a FOOL

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I'm one of Sergio's biggest fans and I think if he had won The Open last year at Carnoustie that would have been up there with the best Major Victories I've ever seen. He was unlucky catching the lip with a putt to win in regulation and then when he hit the pin in the play off on the Par 3 and finished 30+ Foot away he must of known it wasn't to be. :( The way he tackled the course with great shot making and course management was superb, Made me want a 2 iron again!!!

But anyway back on topic the lad is a FOOL. I've just been watching highlights of the Qatar open and he's gone back to a normal putter! If he had stuck with the Belly I was expecting a great year from him. Today he shot a -3, 69 but the comentaters said it should have been a 65!!! FOOL

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Jeez I didn't know he dropped the belly. It's not my cup of tea but for as well as it was working for him he IS a FOOL. Even if the belly wasn't working up to snuff yet, regressing back to what wasn't working at all... Not anyone's cup of tea.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Spot on. His putting rank was something like 180 for 2005, 165 for 2006 and then jumped upto 25ish in 2007, with the belly putter for the 2nd half of the season. Now if he goes back to 150+ (which is his level with the short putter) he's gonna be an also ran who played great from tee to green again!

Dale

English Hacker...
Aug 12, 2006
UK
Why do you say that Dave? Not arguing with you at all, only I don't watch enough of the PGA (just got me Setanta though yesterday!) and all I hear is bad press about the bloke so i'd like a more 'true' persons viewpoint. (although I alwasy see him there or there abouts on the leaderboard each week)

[Edit: Nevermind lol, I just read the post above and didn't get your sarcasm! :)]

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I'm not sure he was being sarcastic. Rory has been excellent for the last year and a bit and has given Tiger a half decent poke. He has yet to deliver when he spouts off first, but other wise he has been quite good.
Sergio on the other hand is a spoiled, spitting prick. I hope he never wins again.

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
I'm not sure he was being sarcastic. Rory has been excellent for the last year and a bit and has given Tiger a half decent poke. He has yet to deliver when he spouts off first, but other wise he has been quite good.
Sergio on the other hand is a spoiled, spitting prick. I hope he never wins again.

You are right Lyle about him being a good golfer and all.
His attitude just rubs me the wrong way.
And that stupid belt buckle...Geez, this is not Daytona bike week, its the PGA..have some respect for the game.

figjam

Aug 29, 2007
Actually IMHO its a tie with Adam Scott, I have seen him miss puts that just...leave me speechless.
You beat me to it Jim. Scott is without doubt the worst putter ever in the top ten. He just isn't a naturally good putter, and good putters are born not made. He may get it in the hole often enough on benign PGA tour stops where they keep the greens slow enough for 20 under to be the wining score, but when the greens are slick and the pressure is on (like in the majors) Scott's putting stroke and nerve go to water and he never gets the job done.

Sergio might be the yipyest putter in the top 10 at the moment and the biggest choker, but Scott is definitely the worst putter up there. If Scott could putt he could win multiple majors, but unless something miraculous happens and he suddenly becomes a gun on the greens, he will finish his career majorless, which will be a shame. Sergio will probably choke his way out a few more majors and also end up majorless, but I don't think anyone will be sad to see that happen.

P.S. Rory is the man on tour and his game will one day cash the cheques his mouth keeps writing, but I think he needs to learn the difference between challenging the best player in the world (ever) and dissing him.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
I wasn't being sarcastic, although a little over enthusiastic. Sabattini is one of the few that has the mental strength AND the game to take on Tiger, he wants to win and has a game, the rest just look like they are playing for second

🔥 Latest posts