• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sergio is a FOOL

tn-golfnut-from-nj

Birdie Machine.
Jul 13, 2007
Sabattini is one of the few that has the mental strength AND the game to take on Tiger,

Look at him next time he hits a bad shot.
It looks like his head is going to explode. Then he makes that stupid face.
Not much mental control there.

The day that he beats Tiger, like Mike Weir did, then I'll take my hat off to him.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
I wasn't being sarcastic, although a little over enthusiastic. Sabattini is one of the few that has the mental strength AND the game to take on Tiger, he wants to win and has a game, the rest just look like they are playing for second

They don't like him across the Pond because he dared to speak out fancying his chances against Tiger. Maybe if a few other players didn't concede to Tiger before they play one or two may actually suprise themselves. Tiger would and does kick everybody's arse when he's on form but others should belive they've got a chance and not raise the white flag before they tee it up.

Sergio spat at a hole in frustration big deal. Tiger said he putted like a 'Spaz' everybody makes mistakes get over it.

Lefty11

Jul 12, 2005
Anyone know why Rory is with Adams Golf now? Did his Nike contract just end with both parties not wanting an extension, or was it ended prematurely? Hmm, I wonder if Tiger had anything to do with this... I know he shouldn't, but he made Nike Golf what it is today and I have to imagine he might have some say...

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
Anyone know why Rory is with Adams Golf now? Did his Nike contract just end with both parties not wanting an extension, or was it ended prematurely? Hmm, I wonder if Tiger had anything to do with this... I know he shouldn't, but he made Nike Golf what it is today and I have to imagine he might have some say...
Sabatini wasnt happy with his contract conditions at Nike and signed with Adams Golf because they offered him a more attractive contract.

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
As long as Eldrick Woods stays with Nike, everyone else will be #2. In more ways than one. :D

Sabatini wants to be the big fish in the pond. Any pond.

I kind of like Sabatini. He shows some emotion when he plays. Amazing ability to hit a long ball without being a giant. Good touch on and around the greens. Plays fast. Horrible taste in belt buckles and hair styles.

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
The day that he beats Tiger, like Mike Weir did, then I'll take my hat off to him.

You mean in a meaningless (Cup already decided) presidents cup match?

You seem to forget the Sunday at the PGA championship (when it really counted) Mike was in the final group with Tiger, and he completely shit the bed. If memory serves me correct he shot a comfy 80 and fell completely out of the top 10.

Rory at least has the balls to say "I can play with him". Even if it isnt true at this time at least he says it. Unlike the 100 other tour players who are beat before they hit the first tee.

OP
ManchesterGolfer

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Rory at least has the balls to say "I can play with him". Even if it isnt true at this time at least he says it. Unlike the 100 other tour players who are beat before they hit the first tee.

Exactly, Tiger has a big advatage over his playing parnters from the 1st tee on Thursday to the final putt on sunday. He has the crowds following him everyday, He & his caddy deal with it week in, week out. The crowd stay still until Tiger's putt drops and then they scramble off to the next tee ignoring the fact that his playing partner is still to finish the hole. The officals try their best to keep order but some people who go to watch the golf are pricks & take no notice!!! It will take anybody including Sabbatini to play with Tiger a few times before they learn to deal with that, on top of playing alongside the best golfer in the world but at least he has the balls to say he can handle it.

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
Look at him next time he hits a bad shot.
It looks like his head is going to explode. Then he makes that stupid face.
Not much mental control there.

Good on him. He has passion, he cares, he wants to win, he THINKS he can win, he is one of the few that isn't beaten on the first tee like all the other chokers out there.

He might be an arse, I don't now, and I don't care, and I certainly don't care what comes out if his mouth. I just applaud some rare spunk out there, someone who wants to win and tries like **** to do it, I don't care about anything else. When he bummed Crane I cheered, best thing I'd seen for years on the dullness they call the PGA Tour.

🔥 Latest posts