• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Seve tees it up again!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Seve Ballesteros will make his first appearance in a stroke play event for two years this week when he tees up in the Open de Madrid at Club de Campo in Spain’s Capital city.

The five times Major Champion has battled an arthritic back and knee problems to regain his fitness ready for his comeback, fittingly at the Club de Campo course where, in 1995, Ballesteros won the last of his 50 European Tour titles. It was also in this event, which he has won three times, that the legendary Spaniard last graced the fairways in stroke play competition.

http://www.europeantour.com/tournaments/fullreport.sps?iTourno=2005072&id=1144279

5+ after 16. Looks like he needs a few lessons from David Duval. But good to see the maestro back again. I'll bet his short game is still electric!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
I flipped on the Golf Channel when I turned the computer on and low and behold, there he was hitting a Driver off the fairway! Guess the layoff did nothing to his confidence. Maybe we will get to see him at the Masters again next year?

LottaBalata

Jun 30, 2005
For a golfer to have to leave tour after having played in front of those crowds and against that level of opponent. . .I'd be nervous as hell. Hopefully he'll come around. I alway enjoyed watching Seve play, he's fun to watch.

Big Brother Dunk

Aug 29, 2005
UKGolferOne said:
Ended on 6 over. He will have to go low to make the cut tomorrow. Great to see him playing again though. I hope his back stays well for the Seniors Tour.

I always liked Seve, he's a charismatic player.

But it looks like he's got his work cut out from him.

GregInOz

Dang Fool
Aug 24, 2005
Glad to hear that he's back on the course. I will always envy the level of ball control that he had in his prime. Seve could work the ball like no-one else. Touch to die - or kill - for.
Seve is super-cool in my book. Hope he plays more.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
At the 1990 PGA Championship here, my wife went up to get his autograph and fell in love. She said he was 'about the best looking thing she had ever seen'...

I saw him play in the Master's once. His ability to extricate himself from trouble was incredible...RecoveryMan...

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.