• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Seve

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
A worrying update on his site today reporting that his condition has markedly deteriorated in the last few days. No other details as yet but it obviously looks bad.

http://seveballesteros.com/noticia.php?lang=2&idnews=70&pg=

Really sad news and I'm sure...in fact I know....everyone will be rooting for him.

Sorry to be the bearer of such news but I reckon you'd like to be aware.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
Such a sad loss. He was a huge part of golf, sad to see a man go like that.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Rest in Peace Seve !

When I play this afternoon, I won't take a unplayable drop, I'll try one of your recovery shots, (a Seve), not with your flair, nor result I'm sure, but I'll try in your honor.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Rest in Peace Seve !

When I play this afternoon, I won't take a unplayable drop, I'll try one of your recovery shots, (a Seve), not with your flair, nor result I'm sure, but I'll try in your honor.

I was going to say the same thing. Will attempt to swashbuckle my way around the course this afternoon.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
This morning I hit a Seve pitch and run with a 8 iron from about 20 yards between two bunkers up a slope, over a rise and gently down to the pin to rest about 9" from pin to save par. It was a Seve shot which I'm sure he would have been proud of. It was my shot of the day by miles. Can't believe that he died at 54!

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
United States United States
What a big loss to golf...and a sad thing for his family and friends to loose him so young.

RIP Seve...

thekid65

Jan 2, 2009
Cancer...nasty f-ing disease that takes way too many before their time....my Pops included.

RIP Seve.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
He was the man who opened the floodgate over here of European stars. What a true GREAT of golf.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, I tried to swashbuckle my way aroud the course today. Didn't quite work out as well as me, shot a ingrolrious 101, lol. But had a blast trying off the wall shots, RIP Seve.

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
Awesome stuff....you did him proud mate

Well, I tried to swashbuckle my way aroud the course today. Didn't quite work out as well as me, shot a ingrolrious 101, lol. But had a blast trying off the wall shots, RIP Seve.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
"I look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, I am going to bury you"
Seve Ballesteros

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
"I look into their eyes, shake their hand, pat their back, and wish them luck, but I am thinking, I am going to bury you"
Seve Ballesteros

One of the greatest sports quotes of all time IMHO, and I had completely forgotten it was Seve's. Thanks for posting that, IG.

🔥 Latest posts