• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sevierville, TN Golf

Pa Jayhawk

Reaction score
Played 2 courses in Sevierville when we went out to look at place in NC. Didn't manage to play in NC though. Funny how things work.

We first played River Islands golf club. This is an interesting course with plenty of water. It was in fantastic shape, the people where genuinely nice, and even though they seem to think it was expensive at around $50, it would have been well worth the money. I say would have been, because the mowers here ruined the round for us and are likely the rudest and poor mannered mowers I have seen, ever. I understand they need to mow, but when you are a twosome on the green with 4 holes behind you and they follow you for nine holes with outrageous behavior, it is a distraction. By 16 I was ready to leave. We would be on the green and they would come up and circle the green while we were putting. For Christ sake, wait out at the 150 yard mark. One time it seemed like they were racing us as we walked to the green, and would not turn off the mower. Before we were finished when they assumed it was close enough, they would start mowing. On eighteen, they sat in the middle of the fairway and chated while we were ready to tee. After a few minutes and being as disgusted as I was, I said F' it and teed off. After we got to our ball, they pulled in front of the green and started mowing. Again, there were 4 empty holes behind us. Sad because it could have been a fantastic day, and the first time I have ever been annoyed by someone mowing on the course. They really acted as though we were in their way for about 9 holes. They also did not mention that they had airated until we got there, but the greens seemed fairly true.
River Islands Golf Club

I had a very similar experience like that once in Texas. Almost like the guy driving the mower was f*cking with me. There was nobody ahead of me, and the guy purposefully (or so it seemed) stayed behind me. I even sat down for 10 minutes, and he had the balls to hop off his mower and start doing some hand trimming.

Maybe he thought he was doing me a favor by not getting in front of me, I don't know. I do know that I was getting seriously pissed off after about 5 holes of that stuff.

Second we played at Eagles Landing, which is owned by the City.
Eagle's Landing Golf Club

They only charge $30 because there was a lot of construction on the course. This is likely going to be a great course when they finish the construction. Unfortunately I did not take the camera.

Again, the people there were as nice as can be. They 2 that we paired up with where genuinely nice. Unfortunately for me, I was likely in route to a low to mid 70's round, and my best round in about 5 years, after shooting 41 on the front the paring the first 5 on the back, until I tanked the final 4 holes and finished 41~39 for and 80. Course was in great shape, and the work they are doing will make it even much better. Although the price will likely go up at that point, for $30 this course is under priced even with the construction. The first 5-6 holes play like a links course, then you get up in the hills and it is almost entirely different.

IAlmost like the guy driving the mower was f*cking with me. There was nobody ahead of me, and the guy purposefully (or so it seemed) stayed behind me.
That was what we thought. I would be walking up to tee on the whites and he would pull up and start mowing the blues 10 yards back. On 15 or 16 he was behind the green and started up the mower when my wife was in her backswing. She stopped and glared at him, for which he stopped, but then started before we left. Sadly, there was a foresome in front of us, and for whatever reason they would wait for them to finish, but then just figured F' us. We would be putting and they would pull up to within about 15 feet and leave the mower running.

At the end, I actually had my wife take a cooler back in for the deposit because I was about ready to kill someone. I had picked up on 18 because the guy was mowing around the green and I was tempted to hit my ball at him with a 5 iron from around 20 feet. He had sat in front of the green and waited till we got up there to start mowing

edit 1 - Kinda sad, because earlier in the round the ranger told us we would catch a foresome, for which we said no big deal, part of playing as a twosome. Carried on a conversation with him for are 5 minutes. Stopped again and talked to him and the lady in the snack bar at 9 that for another 5 to 10 minutes. Genuinly nice people if they would just take a hammer to the guys on the mowers they would have a great thing going.

That was what we thought. I would be walking up to tee on the whites and he would pull up and start mowing the blues 10 yards back. On 15 or 16 he was behind the green and started up the mower when my wife was in her backswing. She stopped and glared at him, for which he stopped, but then started before we left. Sadly, there was a foresome in front of us, and for whatever reason they would wait for them to finish, but then just figured F' us. We would be putting and they would pull up to within about 15 feet and leave the mower running.

At the end, I actually had my wife take a cooler back in for the deposit because I was about ready to kill someone. I had picked up on 18 because the guy was mowing around the green and I was tempted to hit my ball at him with a 5 iron from around 20 feet. He had sat in front of the green and waited till we got up there to start mowing
Maybe he was from Mizzou!:laugh:

River Islands was a stunning surprise to me. Seemed as if it were in the middle of nowhere, and given the green fees, I thought, How good could it be (although Arthur Hills is one of my favorite designers)? It was terrific, with interesting play back and forth across the French Broad (that's right, that's the name) River.

<Link Deleted>

Mod Note:

If you wish to advertise your website please contact the site administrator, otherwise your posts will be considered SPAM.

River Islands was a stunning surprise to me. Seemed as if it were in the middle of nowhere, and given the green fees, I thought, How good could it be (although Arthur Hills is one of my favorite designers)? It was terrific, with interesting play back and forth across the French Broad (that's right, that's the name) River. I posted a lengthy review with a couple of photos at my web site, River Islands Golf Club, Kodak, TN: The French Broad runs through it*-*Reviews of Golf Communities.
You might want to check with the administrator before you post unsolicited advertisements here.

He welcomes new sponsors. His screen name is Slingblade61.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520