• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft advice

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I have not followed golf equipment releases for the past three years. I have no idea which new whiz bang new shafts have been released and I dont know if there is something better out there for me.

Historically, there have been two shafts that worked best for me. Grafalloy Creation 80, and Graman ul 540 2"tip trim (don't remember flex because they were sold by a number (something in me wants to say cpm?)). These shafts are pretty different, but they work for some reason.

My swing is not smooth but not a harsh transition. About 260 carry on a solid shot. I like a lower launch because my drives generally go quite high.

I have the original Tour Edge Exotics inbound, shaftless. What should I look at?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I, like you, have also not kept up with the latest and greatest. WHy not go with what works? I am rebuilding a bag looking to get what I had before. I can't imagine something working better than my 73g blueboard and the Grafalloy Comp.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Why not find a Creation 80 and not upset the applecart?

They can be had for cheap these days. If they worked then, why wouldn't it work now?

R35

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Youre missing the point! I want to ho stuff! Lol

indacup

Supporting Member
Jun 1, 2007
Iowa
I do not recall a Grafalloy Creation....you sure you don't mean an Accuflex Creation?

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I do not recall a Grafalloy Creation....you sure you don't mean an Accuflex Creation?

I almost made the same remark, but promptly forgot about it! o_O Does that mean I'm getting old? :D

OP
MIKE1218

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Yes, sorry. I was looking at a club with a grafalloy shaft while writing that post. Think I'm going to find a heavier shaft, 80 grams or more. I just don't know what to try...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Yes, sorry. I was looking at a club with a grafalloy shaft while writing that post. Think I'm going to find a heavier shaft, 80 grams or more. I just don't know what to try...

Well in that case really the only option you have is to buy a few that you are interested in and try them all! Thin the herd and sell the ones you dont like until you find "the one!"

Members online