• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft Comparison

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
In checking out the Taylor Made irons I have the chance to get a great deal on the Project X shafts... how does say a project x 6.0 compare to the std iron shaft in stiff flex?

Don't know that I'll have the opportunity to hit them side by side. :hunter:

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I have some PX 5.5s that play more like a strong stiff. I actually prefer the DG S300s which would probaly equate to a 5.0. If your used to a normal stiff flex I would say the 6.0s are gonna be to stiff for you but your gonna have to try them out for yourself.

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
I could get the 5.5's as well but I was told those were more the reg flex and the 6.0 was more like a stiff and the 6.5 was an X-stiff... no?

West Coast Duffer

Orange County California
Oct 12, 2007
I could get the 5.5's as well but I was told those were more the reg flex and the 6.0 was more like a stiff and the 6.5 was an X-stiff... no?

Here is the fitting chart from Royal Precision.

fitting_chart_projx.gif
spacer.gif

Irish

May 9, 2007
the 5.5 on the project x apparently translates to about 5.8 on the FCM scale.... its tough to compare to the DG flexs but apparently the 5.5 on the PX is closest to S300's ...the 6.0 would definately be stiffer than the s300's

OP
M

MustGoFast

Jun 23, 2008
Here is the fitting chart from Royal Precision.

fitting_chart_projx.gif
spacer.gif

Funny I was hitting today at golf Galaxy... 6iron launch of 122-124 which supposedly was about 86mpg... yet my cary was only about 165 on there meter.. doesn't really line up with that chart at all. Either way I hate the Tour burners that I could get the great deal on with this shaft so it might not matter for now.

Members online