• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft demo results

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
My hip hurts from hitting so many "drives". I tested a few drivers with different shafts. Unfortunately the hotstixx software is not ready for shaft fitting exclusivly. I hit a 905R with a V2, a Cobra speed with a NVS and an R7 with the stock like mine. The V2 felt pretty good and my swing speed was between 106-111 with distances registering 250-260. The Cobra with the NVS, ridiculous. I couldn't put this thing down. I was hitting on the screws every time. Swing speeds registered from 112-116 mph. with distances of 260-270. I think the NVS is the leader for my new shaft. I wish I could have hit some Fuji's but nothing available. Oh, I hit the Hibore too. It sucked and I put a skymark in it to boot. :)

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Rockford35 said:
Sounds like it wasn't the club that sucked...

R35

:rolleyes: Well...I had bit of a long tee as I was hitting 460cc drivers. I actually think the club shape threw me off a bit. Man I couldn't believe the #'s I was getting out that NVS though. An 85% swing was 2mph. faster than trying to crush it with the MAS2. I am looking at an R5 with that shaft now. The thing is still cheaper than buying the shaft alone. The computer must have hicupped once as it spit out a 139mph. 321yd. carry on about my 3rd swing with the NVS. I got a laugh out of it.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
I find the NVS a little too tip soft. It's a decent shaft tho, I see it in a lot of the FT-3 heads. Pretty good combo

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
VtDivot said:
I find the NVS a little too tip soft. It's a decent shaft tho, I see it in a lot of the FT-3 heads. Pretty good combo

I think I may just take a chance with it for now. Prob. in the R5 head. I figure worst case scenario I can take the R7 along too as I have an open space in the bag. Picking a shaft is really tough. The kids at Golfer's Whorehouse really pissed me off. 3 of them sit there playing around with the launch monitor and when I need some help all they want to do is tell me to try the different shafts in the demo drivers. I wasn't looking for any freebies, I had a $100 bill in my wallet and was willing to pay for service. I will be looking to take my business elsewhere in the future.

Lloyd Hackman

Dec 12, 2005
Guys, it is not the shaft it is the shaft frequency. Do you know what frequency the club you hit so well was? Buying another shaft like the one that was in it will not guarantee the same frequency or performance. Good luck. If you are going to find a demo club that is so great , my advise is to buy that demo club because the chances of getting another that will play like it is slim, not none but slim

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
A guy I was playing with had 2 drivers. One of which was a Sasquatch with a Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue. How the heck can anyone hit this shaft. It's like swinging a wet noodle. I actually asked him to make sure it was S for stiff and not Senior... BTW the Sasquatch is ridiculous. The difference in size between that head and my R7 is the diff. between the R7 and a 9wood.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.