• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shaft flex

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
BS. I had the MAS 2 in my old R7. The stiff is most definitely stiffer than the Epic, V2 and NV in a stiff. I'd say it's about as stiff as a Speeder 757. No way a "senior". Anyone who says it was total crap most likely couldn't load it. Sorry but I hear a lot of TM bashing going on lately, they don't throw whippy crap in their player geared line.

ez i disagree.... i am a TM guy thru and thru.... i love their line... but the mas2 is sh*t... i hated it, and it felt weak as anything in my friends stiff in his r580xd... i think the stiff aldila green i had in my r5 was a 10X better shaft...

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
I have frequencied about 2 dozen S flex MAS 2 shafts and the have ranged anywhere from a soft R to a full blown X. Consistancy is non existant.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
I have frequencied about 2 dozen S flex MAS 2 shafts and the have ranged anywhere from a soft R to a full blown X. Consistancy is non existant.

thanks for clearing that up lyle...

thats why i would absolutely stay clear from it... if no 2 shafts are gonna be the same, how do you know you are getting the proper flex, or the flex that is even freakin stated on the shaft, off the rack??

Pullmeister

Dec 6, 2006

i agree, MAS shafts are awful, The MAS shaft is the worst shaft I've tried in the last 5 years. My 580xd was almost unhittable till I reshafted it. And... TM is by no means the only OEM that has crap stock shaft, most do.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
As many have mentioned, the MAS2 shaft is not very reliable, EZ may have had success because the shaft that he picked played true to flex. I have never had much success with the stock shafts in TM clubs, even the higher end TP shafts just don't seem to fit for me (the one exception being the Mitsubishi LT 70).

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
There is no way the MAS2 shaft I originally had in my R5 played to it's stiff flex. No way. A soft regular at best.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I guess I'm the only one then. The MAS2 was the the best driver shaft I've ever hit next to only the Diamana Blue. I hit it longer and with more control than... heck, you all know the list that includes all the best from Graffalloy and Fuji as well as UST. You guys know me, if something doesn't work, it's gone, no questions asked. For me the MAS2 and the ReaX have held their own against shafts in the $90 all the way up to the $300 range as far as on course performance.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.