• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft/Head combo question...

BigJim13

Staff member
Reaction score
I currently have been playing a 10.5* driver with mid bend point and mid/firm tip stiff shafts (Diamana Blue and YS-6) at least I think those are fairly tip soft. If I switch to a lower loft and go with a mid bend tip soft shaft would I basically get the same result?

Reason I ask is that I am looking at a TM tour issue driver that has 9.7* of loft and a GD YS-Q shaft. According to the specs on golfsmith, the shaft is mid bend and tip soft.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

If you're a fan of the YS-6, you'll like the feel of the YS-Q. Personally, i hated both of them, but I prefer stouter, tip stiff shafts, which is exactly what you aren't looking for. :thumbs up:

What's your goal here? Lower launch? Less spin/ballooning?

R35

• Staff
If you're a fan of the YS-6, you'll like the feel of the YS-Q. Personally, i hated both of them, but I prefer stouter, tip stiff shafts, which is exactly what you aren't looking for. :thumbs up:

What's your goal here? Lower launch? Less spin/ballooning?

R35

Actually, maybe a slightly lower launch, but I got a good flight out of the blueboard shaft I had and the same with the YS-6. I was worried about going to a lower lofted head, but my thinking was that with a slightly lower loft and softer tipped shaft I would get a lower more boring flight. I have no issue getting the ball UP into the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520