• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft help Yes, me asking

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
How about this...I believe I have an uncut Evo S someone laying around. It looks like they guy installed it without cutting and scratched the but when he took off the grip but I'll send it to you, you try it out if you like it you give me like $30 for it if you don't send it back...;)

twofast2s

Dec 30, 2006
i like the speeder 665, suppose to be similar profile if not same as the 757 but just weigh less.

you can try diamana whiteboardd 83x or 73x. i know you didn't like the blueboard, but WB is suppose to be different animal.

rombax z series. i think 8z08 or something is pretty stout combo.

pershings in x flex.

vtlt if you can find one.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
How about this...I believe I have an uncut Evo S someone laying around. It looks like they guy installed it without cutting and scratched the but when he took off the grip but I'll send it to you, you try it out if you like it you give me like $30 for it if you don't send it back...;)

I'll take you up on this in June. No lie.

R35

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I have never found the 757 to be a low spin shaft. more of a mid spin shaft imo.

The stiffest tipped shafts I know of are the original Evo, the protopype, the PM702, the whiteboard and the Ozik F7M2 LTD. The speeder 757 doesnt even come close to these beasts in terms of tip stiffness and spin control.

Good point here. Not many Fuji's are known as "super low spin".

I've played all of these for an extended period of time with each except the WB and LTD (although I have one sitting in the basement), and the biggest difference between these and the Evo is the butt section. It's butt soft, which makes it play alot softer in a driver. The tip section gives little feedback beyond when you hammer the ball. But, that's the point with a tip stiff shaft in the first place, no?:idhitit:

R35

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Thanks for all the help. Not to much around as far as Speeders. I've PM'd Sploogee about the Evo. Might as well try that for the price. Now I have to figure out what to do with 2 Yellow VS Protos I have, lol. I have an idea for one of them... might be seeing another TM sometime soon.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
So what you're telling me is that first half of june you'll have daily visits from UPS/FEDEX eh?

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Leave it to me... looking into a shaft for my Cobra and I end up hoing a whole other driver. Got a 9.5* SuperquadTP with a TP Speeder coming to put up against the Cobra.
icon10.gif
Can TM take back the driver slot?

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
Leave it to me... looking into a shaft for my Cobra and I end up hoing a whole other driver. Got a 9.5* SuperquadTP with a TP Speeder coming to put up against the Cobra.
icon10.gif
Can TM take back the driver slot?

Don't set much store by Lyle I see. ;) lol

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Don't set much store by Lyle I see. ;) lol

Well, the 9.5* does superceed the tip stiffness.
icon10.gif
Besides, I kill the 757. The QuadTP is still the longest driver I've ever had.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.