• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft help!

nixdad

Mar 4, 2008
So, I have this TM 425 TP 9.5 degree driver. It has a Fuji 757 Speeder stiff shaft. I can't hit it. Period. I've tried everything. I have a UST ProForce 65 stiff shaft that is about seven years old in an older driver. Would I be wasting my time and money changing the shaft out to the UST? Should I splurge and get into a newer shaft.

I have zero control over this club right now. I don't know if it's going stright, left or right. My swing speed is in the 105 neighborhood.

Any suggestions?

floggerrushmd

Supporting Member
Jul 11, 2008
I would get a new shaft. Think something stiff with a low torque. With your swing speed it will help you gain control. It has been so long since I bought a new shaft that I am not sure what I would put in, but the whiteboard gets a lot of talk here. Hope that this helps.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Ugghh. How much do you want for it? :laugh: I have a nice one time pull yellow VS Proto 65 stiff shaft if you'd be interested in making a deal for the Speeder shaft. I bought the stupid thing on a whim last week on Ebay, planning to use it in a driver head that I traded before the GD shaft arrived in the mail.

Bamma

Feb 1, 2009
Ya know, I am having all kinds of shaft issues with driver right now too. I am becoming convinced that it is the #1 most important part of the club. People have been saying it forever, and I have ignored it forever, but I am slowly coming around (guess I am a slow learner). As mentioned in another thread, I bought an Adams BUL on the cheap to play just while I am relearning how to swing after a long layoff (3 years or so). After a few trips to the range, I just can not hit the damn thing at all. I was sure it was just my swing (which is still in large part true), but saw an older Redline with a decent Aldila NV-stiff in it and asked to try it out. I did not love the sound of the driver, but the results so much better than what I had been experiencing with the BUL. Don't really want to buy that Redline, can not change the shaft myself (no skills whatsoever in that department), and reshafting locally costs more than just replacing the driver. So, I am now scouring all the forum swap shops and such trying to find a 10.5 used driver with decent shaft in stiff (preferably the NVS or Blue).

On the original question, I used to really love that Proforce shaft. If you have had success with it in the past, and really hate the one you have now, what could it hurt to try the old shaft in the new head? Assuming you actually know how to replace a shaft yourself.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
that proforce is still a great shaft. stiffer than hell. you'll definitely be able to control the club with it.

Furyk may still be using one...i know he has been for a long long time.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.