• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft Length Question

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
I am thinking of lengthening my driver shaft 2 inches(using an insert that goes under the grip). Currently it is X-Stiff with a High Kickpoint.

Would lengthening it put it somewhere between Stiff and X-Stiff and make it a mid-kick shaft?
How much should it affect distance?

CKGuY914

simplicity vs complexity
Apr 8, 2005
I don't think extending it would effect the flex and kick point of the shaft. You'll gain maybe 10 yards off the tee but less accurate and consistent.

How long is it right now?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
47" driver? Wow. Maybe on the long drive tour.

CK is right. For the amount of distance you'd pick up, you'd sacrifice that much more in accuracy.

If you're down the pipe right now on every drive, maybe give it a whirl. It would be a cool experiment.

R35

OP
cyberious

cyberious

Planet Love Tron
Feb 19, 2005
Yeah this is more my project driver. I'm actually considering using to try and qualify for some of those long drive events. The LDA just opened a new catagory that is a combination of distance and accuracy. Sounds interesting.

obagain

Used club guru
Mar 29, 2005
You should be very careful. Adding 2 inches with an insert will add a lot of stress to the end of the shaft and could break pretty easy. If it is a project you would be much better buying a shaft andd install it at 47".

🔥 Latest posts