• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft on my new VR Tour driver keeps rotating...

humphrey06

Apr 22, 2010
I recently bought a new nike VR tour driver (9.5 loft) with a project X 6.0 shaft.

I've been noticing some problems with it, and I'm wondering if this particular situation has happened to anyone else.

After a couple driving range sessions with it, I noticed the shaft rotated 90 degrees. When I got the club, the "Golf Pride" on my grip, as well as the "Project X" writing on the shaft were lined up and directly facing down to the ground at address. If you were to think of it like a clock, the writing was at the 6'o clock position. After hitting it at the range, it went to the 3 'o clock position.

So I went to my local golf repair shop, and they said the head was loose and they needed to redo the epoxy. Fine. It was only a 4$ fix.

I got the club back today, and went to the driving range again. 10 hits in, I notice that the shaft was slowly rotating to the left this time. I was definitely getting frustrated, since I just supposedly got it fixed, it was doing it again! However, the rotation was not as drastic this time around. I decided to keep hitting the driver a couple more times, and the most interesting part is that it slowly rotated back to where it was originally.

This is definitely odd, can anyone shed some light on this situation, or have any experiences with this you could share? I'm not a bad golfer (15 handicap), so I'm definitely not mis-hitting the club terribly or hitting the mat before the ball. Just normal contact is causing the shaft to rotate and twist.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
If it's at all feasible to take this club back to where you got it, you better. That is COMPLETELY unacceptable.

Now, after it was re-epoxied, how long did you wait before you hit it? I think what's happening is that you're making contact on different parts of the face, which is just moving the head around the shaft a little at a time.

Is this an adjustable driver? Perhaps something isn't set tight enough?

OP
H

humphrey06

Apr 22, 2010
Yeah I am considering taking it back.

After it was re-epoxied, I waited around 12-16 hours before I hit it. Yeah what you are saying is definitely possible. I could just be making contact on different parts of the face, is that normal for the head to move around the shaft a little bit at a time?

It's not an adjustable driver. The Str8-FIT VR Tour is the one with 32 adjustable facets, but this one is your standard driver with a regular hosel.

PS thx for the quick response :)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Some epoxy isn't good until 24 hours later. I can't imagine how it wouldn't have flown right off on you if it wasn't set, but I haven't ever been in a situation like that... ABSOLUTELY take it back. You might want to include something like "What the ****?!" in your explanation.

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
The first step should have been to take it back to the place of purchase/return to Nike. This is a major fault.

anonymous golfaholic

Refusing Recovery
Supporting Member
Feb 10, 2010
Illinois
Country
United States United States
That's messed up. My buddy has the exact same driver and he hasn't had any problems...except he still can't outdrive me.

🔥 Latest posts