• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft or Chabang?

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I've ordered my MC 102 3iron and have a ridiculous amount of stuff out there for sale now that's bound to sell sooner or later. Since prices are pretty low and only getting lower I'm debating 2 options. 1) would be to spend some $$ on a suberb shaft and put it in "my" Superquad that's coming back, play that for a while and wait on an 8.5* BurnerTP head or 2) Just sell that as well and buy a BurnerTP 8.5* with the 65g stock shaft.

I suppose another option would be to play the 9.5* QuadTP but that driver feels like a toothpick in my hands, way too light. It's pretty well all over the place but when I catch one it's long and draws. I hit a drive equal to or at the longest on the 455yd. par 4 at Triggs, dead level 290 yesterday, not to mention it was about 47* outside.

If I do get a shaft I'd like to get something similar to the VS Proto 70g, maybe a little heavier, little less spin and tad higher launch. Any suggestions there?

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
I've ordered my MC 102 3iron and have a ridiculous amount of stuff out there for sale now that's bound to sell sooner or later. Since prices are pretty low and only getting lower I'm debating 2 options. 1) would be to spend some $$ on a suberb shaft and put it in "my" Superquad that's coming back, play that for a while and wait on an 8.5* BurnerTP head or 2) Just sell that as well and buy a BurnerTP 8.5* with the 65g stock shaft.

I suppose another option would be to play the 9.5* QuadTP but that driver feels like a toothpick in my hands, way too light. It's pretty well all over the place but when I catch one it's long and draws. I hit a drive equal to or at the longest on the 455yd. par 4 at Triggs, dead level 290 yesterday, not to mention it was about 47* outside.

If I do get a shaft I'd like to get something similar to the VS Proto 70g, maybe a little heavier, little less spin and tad higher launch. Any suggestions there?
try a redboard 63X - complete bomber.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Nah, I want something heavier than that. More exotic too. Like Ozik.
icon10.gif

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
TP7x is a 76 gram, mid to high launch, low spin shaft. Try to find a pull though, not worth the new price.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Is it only available as an X flex?

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
Ez, go get fitted. I'm honestly done with randomly hoing shafts... Im tired of going back and forth through diff expensive as hell shafts (once I go home and get the creation/r510tp and launcher/vs proto combos from Lyle).

Past that, i'm going to get shaft fitted on monitors and such and not guna bother with hoing shafts anymore. Diff driver/3w heads on the otherhand;).

LYLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE YOUR SIG DUDE!:laugh:

Lil_Huth

Sep 14, 2007
I dont even wanna think about buying an Ozik shaft, why bother unless you are like a pro? Anyway I would say stick with the reasonably priced shafts. But knowing Ez there is a bomber shaft out for long drive guys that costs upward of $1,000-$1,500 I believe, it will probably be in his sig by Monday.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
If I do get a shaft I'd like to get something similar to the VS Proto 70g, maybe a little heavier, little less spin and tad higher launch. Any suggestions there?[/quote]

this has creation written all over it

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
YG, if I dont like my creation ill resell it to u for the cheap price I got it from Lyle for. Its the 80-S version.

OP
ezra76

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
YG, if I dont like my creation ill resell it to u for the cheap price I got it from Lyle for. Its the 80-S version.

What am I? Chopped liver? :laugh:

BTW I have been fitted. Aldila NV75-X.

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004

I've actually got a couple shafts on the way soon, if I'm lucky I won't get tempted by that.

It looks great, and sounds good, but doesn't really fit my swing profile.

Members online

No members online now.