• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft plugs...???

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
So today I decided to pull the shafts out of my new Hogan wedges I bought. I have Rifle 5.5's on the way so i wanted the heads to be ready. When I pulled the heads I noticed that there were brass shaft plugs in the end of each shaft. One of them got stuck in the clubhead and I had a heck of a time getting it out.

Anyway, my question is what good are these shaft plugs? Is it just a way to weight the club a certain way? And lastly, is there any real disadvantage if I don't put it back in the shaft? Thanks all!

They kinda looked like this only gold in color...

Golfsmith.com: Golfsmith Plug-Wates 4 Gram For Steel Shafts - Golfsmith

Skiddlydiddly

Jul 17, 2007
Yeah, they're just for swingweighting. So keeping them or not would depend on the weight of your new shafts, playing length, etc. to arrive at whatever swingweight you want.

OP
BigJim13

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
Yeah, they're just for swingweighting. So keeping them or not would depend on the weight of your new shafts, playing length, etc. to arrive at whatever swingweight you want.

I'm going to be cutting them a 1/2" over standard so they should be okay I would think...longer shafts make for heavier feeling swingweights.

Victory

Nov 18, 2007
you should be fine.. they were probably 1 gram each.. at the most..

have fun..

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online