• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft profiles

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
we ask/answer a lot of questions about shafts here - We compare them to other shafts, talk about kick points, etc but it all comes down to asking about the shaft's bend profile.

indacup gave me some really interesting comparative data in helping to fit me for a new driver (still can't make up my mind) and it really got me thinking - I even considered buying Wishon's shaft profiling software to get access to more of this data - because I really think it's interesting. I don't feel like explaining to my wife why I spent $120 just to satisfy my own curiousity, but I stumbled accross Tim's shaft profile site

Taking the mystery out of golf shafts - Golf Shaft Profiles

there isn't much data there (yet?) but I figured I'd ask if you guys had seen this, or some other source?

any other alternatives out there? Lyle, Indacup - what are you guys using?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Last I heard, Tim was just sifting through the data to shore it up. Release is supposedly soon for all shafts at his disposal.

Should be a great information site for us nerds.

R35

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
Tims site will be of great value when its done. For now I use my own list compiled of shafts I have personally profiled.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
So where's the info at? All I see is posts that it was added to some database which there is no link to.

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
For now I use my own list compiled of shafts I have personally profiled.

How long is your list, and how long do you think you've spent compiling it?

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
So where's the info at? All I see is posts that it was added to some database which there is no link to.

I registered for the site - then there's a "shaft graphs" and "shafts data" link on the left hand side - lets you look at 3 shafts at a time (unless you pay) but the # of shafts is still pretty limited - some popular ones there though

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
How long is your list, and how long do you think you've spent compiling it?

I have about 45 shafts in it. Every time I get new type of shaft in I profile it now. I wish I had started sooner.

OP
R

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
how long to profile each shaft? 2 minutes? 5 minutes? 10 minutes? (i have no sense)

Members online

No members online now.