• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft Puller Help

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
I need to buy a shaft puller. But i can be spending all too much money. Whats the cheapest one that will get it done?

And, im assuming that you dont need a shaft puller to pull steel shafts, correct?

rubber314chicken

Thats what she said
Dec 27, 2007
from what I've read all you really need is a blow torch and a vice with the rubber re gripping pads and you heat it up and pull the head off without twisting it (that is really important for graphite shafts)

I could be wrong though...

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
I need to buy a shaft puller. But i can be spending all too much money. Whats the cheapest one that will get it done?

And, im assuming that you dont need a shaft puller to pull steel shafts, correct?

All you need to pull iron shafts, assuming they aren't bore thru like some callayways, is a vice, blow torch and thats it. I use a chunk of left over grip instead of the rubber clamps. It also helps to have welding gloves so as not to burn your hand, but you could just use some old towels I guess. Its amazingly easy to reshaft irons once you know the tip size, i was blown away by how easy.

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
All you need to pull iron shafts, assuming they aren't bore thru like some callayways, is a vice, blow torch and thats it. I use a chunk of left over grip instead of the rubber clamps. It also helps to have welding gloves so as not to burn your hand, but you could just use some old towels I guess. Its amazingly easy to reshaft irons once you know the tip size, i was blown away by how easy.

Sounds good.

But i also want to get into reshafting graphite, hence why i need a shaft puller. Im in no way going to pull a Diamana Redboard without one.

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Oh come on I'm sure you could get EZ to teach you his stove method. :biglol:

Even EZ is smart enough not to pull $$$ graphite shafts on the stove top. I might test out a steel pull on the stove tonight, and then maybe a really old model club with a graphite shaft that i dont care about.

Topflite_D2

Titleist Pro V1
Jun 26, 2007
Yeah he even said he would never try pulling a redboard or the like. Yeah I'm sure it would work alright.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
There's a guy over on WRX selling hydraulic pullers for $100. That's a decent price.

R35

RickinMA

Supporting Member
Feb 3, 2007
There's a guy over on WRX selling hydraulic pullers for $100. That's a decent price.

R35
I've read a few threads where this guy seems to take some crap for "clone of the JB puller." Know anyone who has tried one of these?

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I've read a few threads where this guy seems to take some crap for "clone of the JB puller." Know anyone who has tried one of these?

It seems pretty straight forward. The JB puller is essentially a car jack and some plates. I can't see why you can't change the design slightly and sell it yourself. I don't think he's claiming it as "his own".

I haven't tried one, but the principles are pretty straight forward. I can't see it being wrong.

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.