• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft Question for LyleG

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Lyle,

When you look up the shaft info for shafts such as a Speeder 757, ProLaunch Red, V2 or whatever they'll give comments such as "for faster swing speeds", or tempo/fast or for higher ball speed.

If certain shafts are made for fast swingers and certain shafts are made for slow swingers WHY do they make these all in R, S and X flexes?

If I'm a slow swinger am I gonna buy a V2 in reg flex? Seems all contradictory.... :laugh:

LyleG

gear head
Aug 10, 2006
Country
Canada Canada
They make them because people insist on buying them.

There are some people that just dont get it. For example. You fit someone and they see very clearly that they need a reg flex tip soft shaft and a club head with 12 degrees of loft. The launch monitor proves this with undisputable numbers. The person still goes and buys a 9* driver with a stiff shaft.

Some people just want what they want for what ever reason they may have. They see Tiger with a Diamana they want a diamana. The companies making the products are simply catering to the demand.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
My favorite part of this sequence is when they go out and buy/try a V2 in stiff, can't hit it worth shit, and say that it sucks.

At least with me, I tried all the combinations of the NV before coming to the conclusion that it sucks - for me. :D

R35

🔥 Latest posts

Members online