• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft Question for Rock or other X'perts!!

AccuFLEX

Aug 8, 2006
Loop said:
IMHO, the purpose of having a low lofted head with a lower kick point is for a higher initial launch but less spin. At higher swing speed, too much backspin will propel the ball way into the air and loses distance, albeit you would get a straighter ball flight.

Jody, I was thinking of getting the BiMatrix from Grafalloy. Something with a mid to higher launch but takes off some spin.
Anything similar in the works for Accuflex?

BTW, welcome to ST :)

If you are looking for something to take some spin off, and flatten the trajectory look at the Evolution (orange one) first nano shaft ever, it has the most tour wins of any nano shaft out there (combined tours)

AccuFLEX

Aug 8, 2006
warbirdlover said:
I believe Chris DeMarco uses a UST V2 in his G5 according to "what's in the bag" at Golfchannel.com. Any pros using "accuflex"?

Yes, we have 18 Tour Victories which include 1-Tour Championship, and 3 Major Championships, in our "short existence"

The Evolution Lite is the follow up to the first nano shaft Evolution, the Evo Lite is easier to load, and has a smoother feel, lookes like Mark O'Meara is putting one in play this weekend...

Let me know if I can help...

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
How close does the Accuflex Evo Lite compare to the Prototype Comp NT (both stiff flex)?

Is the tip stiffness similar? (Did I say that right Rock?)

If I put an Accuflex Evo Lite in my TE Exotics will you throw in the orange Accuflex "Nano" baseball cap, LOL? (wished it was that sexy orange color of the Evo)

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
warbirdlover said:
I believe Chris DeMarco uses a UST V2 in his G5 according to "what's in the bag" at Golfchannel.com. Any pros using "accuflex"?

Yeah, and so does Paul Broadhurst. He also uses the same irons as moi :D ;)

Rock: The Prolite is a high kick shaft. Very light in weight, but is a high kick shaft for an excellent, boring flight. Is one of my personal favs. Although similar in weight to those you mentioned, the rest of what you mentioned alongside it are low or/and mid kickpoint shafts. Just FYI :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Andy_79 said:
Yeah, and so does Paul Broadhurst. He also uses the same irons as moi :D ;)

Rock: The Prolite is a high kick shaft. Very light in weight, but is a high kick shaft for an excellent, boring flight. Is one of my personal favs. Although similar in weight to those you mentioned, the rest of what you mentioned alongside it are low or/and mid kickpoint shafts. Just FYI :)

Yes, Andy, I know. I figured either you (or VT) would rat me out, that's why I stated that those shafts have similar feel rather than similar characteristics. I really like the prolite, even with it's mid/high kick.

Thanks for pointing that out tho. :)

R35

AccuFLEX

Aug 8, 2006
warbirdlover said:
How close does the Accuflex Evo Lite compare to the Prototype Comp NT (both stiff flex)?

Is the tip stiffness similar? (Did I say that right Rock?)

If I put an Accuflex Evo Lite in my TE Exotics will you throw in the orange Accuflex "Nano" baseball cap, LOL? (wished it was that sexy orange color of the Evo)

warbird,

The profiles are similar but not as "stout" as the NT, it is very stable and has a "smoother" feel, from what has been related to me. Doing the zone profile, it is evident this should be the case.

The Evo Lite will most likely launch a little higher than the NT as well.

Here is a review on some shafts recently GOLF-Gear-Review

I will be glad to make sure whoever you purchase from, we give them an Orange Evo Hat for you :)

The Evo Lite also has a Sweet color changing effect as well.

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Well, this weekend I should be trying out the Comp NT in my Launcher Comp. Finally gonna have it done Friday.

Then I'll see how much I like that. I kind of have this feeling it's gonna be great. (If not I now have a nano alternative!)

I'm our metallurgist and materials guy (transmission company) and am very aware of the advantages of carbon nano tubes. Your website is much better at describing the advantages then the Grafalloy website. We are (hopefully) going to be investigating that in some of our components (if our purchasing department gets off their butts).

AccuFLEX

Aug 8, 2006
warbirdlover said:
Well, this weekend I should be trying out the Comp NT in my Launcher Comp. Finally gonna have it done Friday.

Then I'll see how much I like that. I kind of have this feeling it's gonna be great. (If not I now have a nano alternative!)

I'm our metallurgist and materials guy (transmission company) and am very aware of the advantages of carbon nano tubes. Your website is much better at describing the advantages then the Grafalloy website. We are (hopefully) going to be investigating that in some of our components (if our purchasing department gets off their butts).

Cool, let us know if we can help you. Best of luck with your new toy :)

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
no threadjack intended WBL, just don't want to start a new thread.

Accuflex,

what shaft would get the most out of a 110 mph swing, that isn't the smooth type, go back smooth, but accelerate hard to the ball on the way down.

and how big of an accuracy decrease would a 3-4" shaft extension cause...( not that i'm so accurate already).... looking into a highly unlikely yet still possible future in long ball comps as i've .

OP
warbirdlover

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Youngun5,

Go for it!! I've gotten my questions answered and the thread can go in any direction now.

AccuFLEX

Aug 8, 2006
Youngun5 said:
no threadjack intended WBL, just don't want to start a new thread.

Accuflex,

what shaft would get the most out of a 110 mph swing, that isn't the smooth type, go back smooth, but accelerate hard to the ball on the way down.

and how big of an accuracy decrease would a 3-4" shaft extension cause...( not that i'm so accurate already).... looking into a highly unlikely yet still possible future in long ball comps as i've .

Youngun,

A few more details about your swing would be nice, do you release the club early or later (hold the angle longer?) if so then the Evolution would be a sweet set up is a Stiff, very stable...

A shaft at 48" will loose some "stiffness" adding an extension, we do however make a shaft that would also be good for you called the VS339, it is 47" raw length, so about the time it is installed (unless a bore-through club) you can most likely make at 48", my suggestion is if you build at that length with the VS 339, go X-Stiff.

Hope this helps, let me know.

🔥 Latest posts