• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shaft questions

keithpbz

Nov 18, 2007
I got two questions on driver shafts, my wife has a set of womens flex shafts in her clubs and i found out today that she has a 90-92 mph swing speed with the driver, should she upgrade to a set of mens regular flex or stick with the womens flex. and the second question is i want to lower the ball flight on my driver, i currently use a proforce v2 stiff shaft 66g and have a 112-115 mph swing speed and use a 9.5 degree sumo driver, any suggestions on what shaft to use and if i need to step up to a x-stiff shaft?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Your wife should play a men's regular flex I would think if the ss is accurate. Really depends on how she hits the one she has. And your shaft is a lower launch shaft. But the 75g V2 is lower then the 66g very slightly. Only way to really get it down is go to a lower loft head. Now the smart guys can chime in and tell you how far off the wall I am!! :D

:)

Bignose

Oct 23, 2006
Her gender has nothing to do with what flex shaft she needs. Find a good fitter in your area, and have her fit. The whole works, too. Women's drivers usually have a lot more loft than men's, so the standard loft on the club probably isn't the best, either. A lot will depend on he angle of attack. With a swing speed of 90-92 mph, depending on the model, it is probably a men's regular or maybe even a stiff. It very, very much depends on manufacturer and model, however, so don't just go by the word, go by the manufacturer's recommendations. Her feel will enter into it too, and if she it used to an L flex shaft, she may not want to change too mcuh. Make sure she tries a senior (A) flex shaft or two, also. On the one hand, you want a shaft built to be most efficient for a certain swing speed and type (aggressive vs. smooth, etc.) but on the other if the feel is off, the confidence in the club will be very low, so you cannot discount the feel factor as well.

While your wife is getting a good fitting, you can too. Again, the loft and shaft will be fitted for you based on your particular swing.

If you can't find a good fitter in your area, there are some good people on this forum. Indacup is a sponsor of this forum and I am sure he will do his best to fit you as well as he can.

Members online

No members online now.