• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shaft Suggestions needed...

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
I have a Launcher 5 wood with a stiff Pro-launch, that I hit like a dream. Long and usually straight, so I bought (traded) and got the same shaft for my driver, also a Launcher.

Can't hit it worth a flip. I usually get hooks or hit it a mile high. I guess since I never tee the 5 wood, and mostly hit it off the deck, there may lay the difference?

Anyhow, I bought the wife a R5 with the Speeder 757 Regular flex, and I hit it very good, but the shaft isn't quite as stiff as I would like.

Any suggestions for a shaft somewhere between the stiffness of the R flex Speeder and stiff PL? How much stiffer would a S flex 757 play? My swing speed, when last checked was around 90-95.

I really like the way the Speeder feels, but like I said, I would like a tad more stiffness.

So, shaft hos, what say you?

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Well, if you like the Speeder and want it stiffer, just get one with a Stiff flex.

You know it, you like it.

OP
pdlnole

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
I'm thinking the Pro Launch may be a tad bit too stiff for me.

Does anyone have any experience with the 757 in Stiff? Does it play as stiff as the PL.

I agree if the 757 isn't quite as stiff as the PL, it may be the shaft I am after.

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
a 757 in R Flex... I've never seen such an animal. Get it in S, you won't be dissapointed, solid shaft. You can pulls all over ebay, if you don't mind TP graphics on them.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Umm... you might want to check with TM about the TP shafts if going that route. They told me there are a lot of fakes with those shafts. I can't remember which was which but the guy said the fakes had a different color band on the shaft. One was red and the other blue??

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
I had a ProLaunch Regular in my 983K, G5 Hybrid, and now in my new 905R and I know that the Titleist drivers are bore-through and this might contribute to the slightly stiffer feel, but if you are looking for a "tweener" the ProLaunch Regular plays a little stiffer that traditional regular flex shafts.

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Aug 9, 2006
pdlnole- The PL is a very weak shaft, so you know (compared vs other stiff flex shafts). Used for higher ball flight/more carry kinda thing. The speeder is a great shaft if you have the swing for it. I did when i got mine, now i dont hit it worth my life in my 905T. Give the V2 a shot, if you want a little stiffer then the PL but like it in the 5W, the V2 is a stiffer, yet versitle shaft that alot of ppl are taking a shining too.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
The ProLaunch regular flex plays stiffer then most OEM regular flex. I had one in my G5 and it's a good shaft, very forgiving. My regular flex fell into the stiff range on the gauge. It's a low kick, high launch shaft but it's not weak. My brother hits his Sasquatch/ProLaunch (reg flex) 300+ all the time. The Graphite Design YS-6+ is the number one on tour. I'll be trying that in stiff along with the UST ProForce V2 stiff next summer. I've pretty much zeroed my choices down to those two. With your swing speed I'd go with a Speeder 652 stiff instead of the 757 stiff if you're really wanting a speeder. It's 65 g compared to 77(?) and you won't lose swing speed.

OP
pdlnole

pdlnole

Seminole Pride!
Apr 23, 2006
Umm... you might want to check with TM about the TP shafts if going that route. They told me there are a lot of fakes with those shafts. I can't remember which was which but the guy said the fakes had a different color band on the shaft. One was red and the other blue??

See, this is what bothers me about Ebay. Add to that the fact that Fuji wants an arm and leg for the "true" shaft, which I'm not willing to pay to try it out....I guess the best thing is to swing one at a shop, but I have a limited choice near me. I have to travel to even get to a shop that allows you to hit different clubs.

I love the look of the V2. Are they big in the "fakes" category? I don't mind dropping $50 to try one out, as I can resell it if I don't like it, but who can afford $200 to try when you know you won't get half that back?

Anyone have experience with the Accuflex guys? If so, are the shafts quality?

I guess if all else fails, I will try to find the 757 in R to go with my Launcher. I hit the R5 fine, usually about 260-270, but if I try to put much muscle on it, I still get a slice. Plus I just like the Launcher head better.

I may try a PL in R also. They can usually be found at a fairly good price. I love the S in my 5 wood. Maybe I'm just trying to swing the stiff to hard, and blocking it. I guess I should give it some time, as I am used to swinging a R flex. Any suggestions on swings change ups for the PL S?

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
Accuflex shafts are about as good as anything out there. The Evolution (original "nano" technology) and Evolution Lite are both super good. R35 should be able to tell us about the original Evolution shortly.

Members online

No members online now.