• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shafts

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Am thinking of going for a Titleist D2 driver with either an Aldila Proto By You 80 in Stiff, or perhaps going with the Speeder 757 Tour Spec. that I have in my current driver.

How do these shafts compare to one another ? Also like the V2, although not quite so sure about the colour / asthetics.

Have the Speeder, but want to know if the Aldila might be the better choice. I hit the ball pretty hard and I reckon I swing at 120 mph, easily.

Does the By You play to flex ? I know that recent Aldila shafts have been pretty soft. What about it in 85g X flex ?

Regards,
A. :)

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If you hit X now you'd want the Proto in X also. Plays a little soft to flex IMHO. :D

I disagree entirely. I could imagine how stiff an X flex would be.

I'm swinging 110 and the S in the 60g version is well within my limits. An 85g version with a degree less torque would be like flexing an I beam.

R35

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
As Rock said, don't forget the weight. The V2 is a beast, but a nice shaft, but find the one that fits you and forget about conceptions of stiffness when it comes to the V2.

Never played a By You or Speeder though.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
Consider also that in the D2 the Speeder will play like you lopped a good inch off the tip in the R7.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Also remember that TaylorMade>Titleist. :D

JEFF4i

How would you guys know? All you've ever hit is TM!! :D :D

I disagree entirely. I could imagine how stiff an X flex would be.

I'm swinging 110 and the S in the 60g version is well within my limits. An 85g version with a degree less torque would be like flexing an I beam.

R35

Yup, you're right. I forgot about the 85 g weight. :D

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Ha, before I bought my r7 I tried out all the 905"s" out at the time. As well as some older versions. They were nice, but the r7 has just been my baby.

On another note, one of the guys I played with (the jerk) hit the bloody frickin crap out of his D1 (that's the triangle one, right?) with a V2 in it. Averaged 320.

Too bad his short game was just aweful.

OP
Andy_79

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Thanks, guys :)

Am thinking the 80 in S, or the 60 in X, but not sure. I think I like a slightly heavier shaft for more control, but not sure. Like the lesser torque thing, too. Guess I would need to try 'em :(

What are the playing characteristics of this shaft, folks ? :)

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Jan 4, 2006
Thanks, guys :)

What are the playing characteristics of this shaft, folks ? :)

Hot, Hot, Hot ! ! !

Great shaft I launched the 65S in the Ping Rapture until the head fell to pieces and I've got a 80S in my adams Idea hybrid. I must say that the 80S is too stiff for me in the Hybrid but the 65S was sweet in the cRapture.

🔥 Latest posts