• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Sharing a vendor story - ProClubs.com

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
United States United States
I have purchased a number of PING iron sets from these guys via their eBay store. Usually arrives in the condition stated. The Japan Issue Eye 2s I got earlier this week were, at first glance, in the condition stated. I played 18 with them yesterday and as I was returning the Wedge to the bag I noticed it look bent at the hosel/shaft joint. Closer inspection proved me right - the head was leaning slightly off line with the shaft. Got home and checked the rest and the 9i was bent too. No biggie to me, as I was planning to reshaft them anyway, so I pulled them apart and cleaned the heads/hosels for reshafting.

A bit upset that I paid the price of a set that should be in very good condition, I emailed the seller and included a picture of the shaft tips of the W and 9i, expressing my disappointment. See below - those tips should have NO space between them. I told them that I planned to keep the clubs and reshaft them anyway, but they should be more careful in inspecting/advertising. They responded right away telling me that I could ship the heads and shafts back (apart) and they would pay for shipping and refund me fully. I accepted - they're gone. I would still buy from them but I wanted to ley you guys know, FYI. Now I only have one set of Eye 2s. :(;)

IMG_20160121_145235610%202_zps12s7jw4i.jpg

subsonic

Supporting Member
Oct 21, 2008
I have seen a few Pings with bent shafts like that. All those years slamming them into the ground or off matts at a range can have an effect.

🔥 Latest posts