• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

She's hooked!!

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
I've been playing golf for years. I finally got my wife interested enough and we bought her a set of clubs. Nothing special... have about $120 total in em, bag and all. So last night was the big night... got her to the driving range... late... but still got her there! We went through all of the fundamentals... stance, grip, posture, etc. Let her start off with 7-iron. She hit a few ok.. shanked a few... missed a few. So it was getting dark and I told her the rule about quitting on a good shot. She says "ok, one more good one!" She throws a ball down and proceeds to pure her 7-iron about 100-110 yards... lol I think it even had a little draw on it. I think I enjoyed seeing her hit that shot more than she did! But now she's hooked! :D We get up this morning and the first thing outta her more is that she's taking off work early so we can go to the range again! :thumbs up:

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
As long as she doesn't get mad it's really cool. My wife, however, would be a nightmare to take on the course unless she hit every shot perfect. And if she got hit with a golf ball she'd angrily say (between sobs) "you didn't show me that!"...:(

But if she had the right frame of mind (which is impossible) I'd love to have her along.... :)

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
This has recently occured to me; that my girlfriend will want to go whenever I do. Oiy. Not only could that end up being less-than-fun, but it'll be costly. I suppose I'll have to start the verbal abuse on the front nine so she'll sit out on the back.

OP
slickpitt

slickpitt

Aug 15, 2006
yes! now every time you and your buddies want to go hit'em,...she'll want to go to.......and thats no fun for your buddies.

I actually don't have any golf buddies... my buddies really can't afford to play, at least not to the extent of what I do. So for the most part I just play by myself or pair up with someone I don't really know.

lol wbl... she's much more even keep then I am, I'm the one that tends to blow my lid when I hit a bad shot.

David Hillman

Apr 15, 2008
yes! now every time you and your buddies want to go hit'em,...she'll want to go to.......and thats no fun for your buddies.

One other thing to watch out for...

My wife hasn't golfed in years, and has probably played five times in 20 years. But recently, she and I have been going to the range together, and soon she will be ready to hit the course. She has a relatively cheap set of Wilson woods and irons I bought her for Christmas years ago. One day a couple weeks ago, she was killing her 3 wood, so I had her try hitting my TaylorMade Burner 3.

She smoked them 200 yards with a nice little draw, which was great. But now she has informed me that it is _her_ favorite club ( it was one of mine, too ) and I think I'm in the market for a new 3 wood.

Today at the range, she grabbed my 2 iron, and started hitting that well. I made her switch to something else and hid it under my bag ;)

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online