• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shoes: Adidas or Nike

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
I can't make a comparison because I've never worn Adidas, but I love my TW 8.5s. They are some nice shoes. The one thing I posted to mention was that you should put a pair on before you buy -- this is totally a style thing, but looking down at the toes I swear these things look like a pimp's church shoes. I'm surprised they aren't made by Stacy Adams or something. They look damn good from the sides, but looking down at the toe they kind of remind me of those shoes Cousin Eddie gave Clark in National Lampoon's Vacation.

They're definitely comfy and waterproof and blah blah blah, but of course they are - at this price point pretty much everything is a very nice shoe, it's just a matter of it fitting your foot or not. I've always been a Nike-fit kind of guy.

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Nike is very... crafty...

Recently I talked to a guy who had bought some Nike shoes with the 2 year waterproof warranty. They failed him some months after purchase, so he called nike and sent them in to get a replacement pair. Nike sent him back his own shoes with a letter saying that the 2 year waterproof is from the date of MANUFACTURE, not the date of PURCHASE. That is complete and utter bull****. They don't advertise that at all. It's crap.

I have 2 pairs of Tour 360's, and a pair of the new Powerband Sport in blue. The tour 360 is VERY comfortable, and I have never had any leak issues.

I also play in the late morning though; rarely fight the dew. But Adidas adheres to their warranty pretty well.

BrandonM7

Nov 23, 2007
...the 2 year waterproof is from the date of MANUFACTURE, not the date of PURCHASE. That is complete and utter bull****. They don't advertise that at all. It's crap...

It's also not true - there's a card right in the box that says in no uncertain terms that it's 2 years from the date of purchase. Either they lied to him, or he lied to you -- I'd guess the latter and he probably didn't even bother to send them in. You know how people are - it's easier to bitch about something than it is to work to solve a problem if one arises.

By the way, how do you like those powerband sports? I really want to try a pair for summertime - I wear mesh tennis shoes daily and my feet have gotten used to the ventilation. Now when I wear solid shoes I get sweaty feet. Those things look just right. No store around here stocks them for me to check them out, though.

OP
myndcraft

myndcraft

Sunset Beach Golf Co.
Aug 29, 2007
Well an amazing deal helped make the decision and the winner is… the Adidas. So in route to me is a pair of 360 LTD with the White/Green Asian market color.
DSC00618.jpg

flomarilius

Nike staffer :)
Jun 19, 2006
Nike TW 7.5 are the most comfortable pair of shoes on the market period. On that note I've had one pair for about 2 years ( I think ) and the other for 1. They're already worn out big time to the point where the sole is just about to go. I picked up some Puma's instead. Big Mistake unless you got a soccer players foot.

Members online

No members online now.