• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shoes dilemma

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
I want a new pair of shoes for the season and really quite fancy the Footjoy E-Comforts. Good price in the Pro Shop.

Anyone own/owned a pair?

I'm a bit of an old school fuddy-duddy and although Adidas etc make top class shoes I prefer the more trad look. (To go with my cardy and gaiters)

bryank

Rastagolfarian
Nov 22, 2006
I have the E-comforts and have got used to them now. Though they weren't as comfortable to me as the cheaper GreenJoys, once I put a good pair of insoles in them, they rock. I'm like you, can't yet get past the look of the newer styles...maybe one day.

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Jul 9, 2005
central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
That's what I've got and I love my Foot Joys. Those new Adidas ones are intriguing though. Bet they're comfortable. :)

dave.

Mar 20, 2005
The words shoes and dilemma are only ever used in the same sentence by wives

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
I have the E-comforts and have got used to them now. Though they weren't as comfortable to me as the cheaper GreenJoys, once I put a good pair of insoles in them, they rock.

I completely agree with both parts. (then again I wear custom orthodics in all my shoes) The e-comforts is a very solid shoe.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
If you have a Dicks Sporting goods in the area, look on the clearance rack for last years Dry Joys to make room for this years model. My preferred shoe and normally run around $130-140. They have a small selection of sizes in most of the stores for $79. I have a pair of e-comforts as well, but the Dry Joys are much finer shoe and if they have your size, they are the same price.

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Lol.

Lol, too, at the usage of the word "or" in your sig., Paul mate..:D

Should I get these X-Forged, dood ?? YOU decide....:)

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I just the other day got a pair of FJ reelfit shoes.
Expensive but oh so sweet. No laces to tie and they feel like old friends right out of the box. :)

OP
Stanters

Stanters

Trinket King
Aug 13, 2006
The words shoes and dilemma are only ever used in the same sentence by wives

PMSL - that's such a valid point. I must remember not to be such an apron front.

But I am just so concerned that I get a pair that match my slacks. :)

Thx for the feedback guys - purchase ahoy.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I just the other day got a pair of FJ reelfit shoes.
Expensive but oh so sweet. No laces to tie and they feel like old friends right out of the box. :)
Pretty funny, I looked at those yesterday. I couldn't figure out the whole concept by looking at them in the store. I couldn't figure out what the catch was and didn't even notice when I had them in my hand that they had no laces. I had to go to the website to look at them again. The things you take for granted, I just assumed they had laces, even when I stared at them in my hand. :laugh:

edit 1 - I also looked at the Ecco's, as my wife has 3-4 pairs, although they seem much narrower than any other shoes. I wear 13 and tried the pair that convert to 13-13.5 and had to cram my feet in the shoe. Always heard they were extremely comfortable, but they were torture for me just to put on and stand up. They did have any bigger to try out.

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I haven't tried any Adidas (some day I will). Foot-Joys (at least the ones in my budget) aren't comfortable. Etonics seem to be the best fitting shoes for me.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
ps....buy your shoes from Footjoy Golf Shoes at Golf Shoes Only: Golf Shoes, Nike Golf Shoes, Adidas Golf Shoes, Footjoy (but use one of the site links) It's good for all of us. ;)
Had I know how they worked I may have bought them the other day. Golfshoesonly.com is about $10 cheaper than anywhere else. Although now I will need to go by the store again when I am around one to see what I think of the feel and make sure the widths are the same, then come back and order if I like them. I made a kinda stupid mistake in finally finding 13 in the $79 Dry Joys, but they felt tight so I assume I had 13W. I found when I got home all of my shoes are 13M and I had heavy socks on, and I don't get over to NJ that often. I did check his site before we went for closeouts Dry Joys and Gel Fusions, but he only had the 13's in white, which I only buy black because they look better and smaller in that size plus I tend to scuff the heels really bad so the black last much longer.

I would kill for a good sporting goods store in this area, that and a Electronics store, this is one of the fastest if not thee fastest expanding areas in the US, yet they have little commercial growth. Hate having to drive 1 hour for anything.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.