• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shoes or lessons...hmmm?

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
United States United States
My wife must have wanted to buy something the other day because she told me to take $100 and put it toward "some golf thing you probably think you need". I didn't ask many questions and immediately began trying on shoes - mine are hammered.
Then I got wise and put the money into lessons. When I first started out I thought I should have gone with the shoes - but the finally found the swing flaw in my irons, corrected it, and to his credit told me if he would throw in another lesson at no cost if I wanted it.
A few days later I played here Sun Valley | About the Course
over the 4th and I must say that I suprised myself at how beautifully I struck my irons. The game became infinitely more fun after one blasted lesson.
I know this is sacrilege and borderline heresy but - KEEP YOUR STINKING SHOES, DON'T SWITCH IRONS AND COUGH UP THE PISTO FOR A DOGGONE LESSON. You will not regret it.

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
Yup, I'd a done the shoes, too! At the advanced level I play (upper 90's) I believe that I absolutely need no lessons and I'm well on my way to the PGA. Now picture my embarrassment teeing off on the first tee at the Masters with crappy ol' shoes, right there on world-wide television! I guess if you don't play at the level I've achieved, perhaps lessons are a good option. Thank God for my God given golfing talents! See ya in Augusta!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
Totally right. I need to stop buying crap and get a decent lesson to get my swing tweaked.

However, I will say this. I had a pair of etonic g-soks. I got them on sale, nice shoes, comfortable for the most part. But they had shallow cleats on the bottom, and were not replaceable, like most etonics that are out now.

Well, I had a problem with my left foots sliding out, and my swing was just falling apart at the seams.

I no lie, bought a new pair of shoes, the adidas tour 360 II, and holy cow I feel planted better. I don't slide out, my feet stay planted, and my swing platform is better from it.

So you got lessons, I got shoes, in the end- I atleast look good standing there.:smilie_tm

loftgolf

noob no more!
Jun 13, 2008
My wife must have wanted to buy something the other day because she told me to take $100 and put it toward "some golf thing you probably think you need".

Well, the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago that lead to BIG problems at home. I took the $100 and got a hooker. It's her fault! She should have been more specific!

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
It was amazingly curious how my old worn shoes became increasingly comfortable after I stuck a 167 yd shot from the rough pin high to within 12'. I'm trading shots for shoes from now on. Now somebody hand me my pill before I refrain from hoing again!

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Creful bames or you'll be ho'ing lessons. Then, you'll be flying all over the country to pay somebody $250 an hour to have them tell you to shorten your thumb.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
It was amazingly curious how my old worn shoes became increasingly comfortable after I stuck a 167 yd shot from the rough pin high to within 12'. I'm trading shots for shoes from now on. Now somebody hand me my pill before I refrain from hoing again!
You must not ho another club until you've ho'd a good pair of shoes.

Global is closing out a bunch of FJ Classics. Calfskin beauties for half off. Too bad they don't have any in my size in a color I like...I'd ho a pair of those bad boys in a heartbeat.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Well, the same thing happened to me a couple of years ago that lead to BIG problems at home. I took the $100 and got a hooker. It's her fault! She should have been more specific!

I'm just curious how you explained how the hooker was golf related? :laugh:

Please, do tell, inquiring minds want to know? May need that info somewhere down the road.

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
You must not ho another club until you've ho'd a good pair of shoes.

Global is closing out a bunch of FJ Classics. Calfskin beauties for half off. Too bad they don't have any in my size in a color I like...I'd ho a pair of those bad boys in a heartbeat.

I saw those, alas, they don't have my size either, :(

OP
bames

bames

Purchased a better game
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2006
Utah
Country
Creful bames or you'll be ho'ing lessons. Then, you'll be flying all over the country to pay somebody $250 an hour to have them tell you to shorten your thumb.

Would that be the ultimate ho?

🔥 Latest posts