• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shoes

trumb1mj

Dec 19, 2007
Chicago, IL
Country
United States United States
I walked my first 18 of the year at Cog Hill. Turns out I had walked one too many holes in my old nike's. Anyone else prefer to walk? If so, what are some really comfy walking shoes for a narrow foot? Thanks!

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I don't do anything but walk. Few courses ask you not to, and even then most let it slide.

Anyway, I use some Adidas, can't really say which ones specifically, but I really like them. I have a somewhat narrow foot as well.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
I wear Ecco.

They're the most comfortable shoe I've ever worn, including anything off course.

That's all I can offer about them.

R35

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Footjoy Contour shoes are the most comfortable in general, or so I've found through my research (excluding much more expensive shoes, like Eccos). I have the Adidas Tour 360. I'm about to go walk 18 actually. I'll let you know how I like them. I'll shoot you a PM too.

mont86

Supporting Member
Nov 5, 2005
Love to walk and have a new pair od adidas tour 360 beautiful!

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I almost never walk, and on my trip to Scotland in 2006 I walked 10 courses in 16 days. All I can tell you is that my FootJoy DryJoys were horrible, and my Etonic G-Sox were great. I have a 9 1/2 regular foot. I've owned several different Etonics over the years, and they all fit me the best. I haven't tried the Contours, or the Eccos. Etonics are cheaper and fit me great, so I've never been motivated to change. My G-Sox are about worn out, and I'm going to pick up a pair of these:

Etonic : Golf : Shoes :

MCDavis

The Plaid Duffer
Staff member
Oct 19, 2006
Sanford, NC
Country
Contours are so comfortable that I bought a pair of the Contour Shop Shoes, which is the non-spike street shoe, and wear them daily for work.

Pa Jayhawk

Nov 15, 2005
Country
I almost never walk, and on my trip to Scotland in 2006 I walked 10 courses in 16 days. All I can tell you is that my FootJoy DryJoys were horrible,
Yeah, I'm not sure I would be as happy with DryJoys if I walked, never really tried, although I also doubt I would be happy with my current Ecco's either. Both, although designed well and look good would not match up IMO to the Bytes I used to wear when I walked that could likely be found for 1/2 the price of the Dryjoys and 1/3 of the price of the Eccos, for which they still held up fairly well.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
I always walk. Footjoys are 11.5 wide for me, hardly ever find them though. I'm not sure if I will be getting Adidas or Nike yet. Adidas I would be going 11.5 wide as well. Anyone know if Nikes are wide or narrow?

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
I always walk. Footjoys are 11.5 wide for me, hardly ever find them though. I'm not sure if I will be getting Adidas or Nike yet. Adidas I would be going 11.5 wide as well. Anyone know if Nikes are wide or narrow?
I have a pair of Nike TW's. Definitely on the narrow side.

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
The most comfortable shoes I have ever worn on a course are the Adidas Climacools. I do have sweaty feet though. It is definitely nice to have them in the humid summers here in Illinois. I just can't wear them after a rain or my feet are soaked. That is why I have an old pair of FJ Greenjoys as backups.

ers1029

Apr 1, 2008
I have a pair of Callaways, and I do not think they would be any good for walking 18. I've read that the Adidas 360's are really comfortable and feel just like quality walking/running shoes when on the course.

Augster

Rules Nerd
Supporting Member
Mar 9, 2005
I almost never walk, and on my trip to Scotland in 2006 I walked 10 courses in 16 days. All I can tell you is that my FootJoy DryJoys were horrible

You shouldn't have given up, it only takes about 20 rounds walking to break in a new pair of DryJoys. You were halfway there....:p

🔥 Latest posts