• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

short swing

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
Longer swings have the capacity to produce more speed and power because there is more space in which to accelerate.

BUT

It becomes exponentially difficult to control that space and speed once you cross the threshold (past parallel, generally).

For some people, shortening the swing may provide such better control that they will move the club faster.

Certainly, give it a try.

And don't think left arm straight, because it'll make you rigid. Just keep your hands away from your body and turn your shoulders. When you feel your left arm wanting to bend, that's as far as you should turn.

I get to parallel with almost NO hip turn. But I'm young, thin, and limber.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Longer swings have the capacity to produce more speed and power because there is more space in which to accelerate.

BUT

It becomes exponentially difficult to control that space and speed once you cross the threshold (past parallel, generally).

For some people, shortening the swing may provide such better control that they will move the club faster.

Certainly, give it a try.

And don't think left arm straight, because it'll make you rigid. Just keep your hands away from your body and turn your shoulders. When you feel your left arm wanting to bend, that's as far as you should turn.

I get to parallel with almost NO hip turn. But I'm young, thin, and limber.
And you play ping-pong.

🔥 Latest posts