• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shot 114 Today

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
On 27 holes, :) Total of 6 over. 8 bogeys 2 birdies. About par for the course, :D

Here's the scorecard... Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Club

It's a very long and difficult course. Totally 11,404 Yards for 27 holes. For eighteen it's around 7,500, and the "extra" nine is 3,842. So for those who think that distance is mostly what matters, here's your validation. 500 yard par 4s and 600 yard 5s. 137 slope. Par 75.2 :p

My longest drive was about 330 downhill on number 27. Set me up really well, especially since it's a 500 par 4. My best shot of the day was about a 20 yarder.

I missed way right of the green due to not letting my hands keep up (dumb me), and was facing a fun lie. The ball was lying well on the grass, but the pin was 3 paces in from the right side of the green. Worse, the greens were hard and fast. Worse, a bunker was in my way. Worse, I was on a downhill slope. :( I hit it exactly how I want it, with one of my favorite shots, the short-fade shot. It hits on the green, rolls up, and plop. Birdie. :D Couldn't believe it, some of the maintenance saw and clapped and laughed.

Personally, I loved it. My mom paid for it as a treat since she's heading back to school and wanted to see me play again. Any questions I'll be glad to answer, and look at the pics of the course on that website if you've any question whether it's tight.

Oh yeah, for all those who say you have to take a cart. I walked, all 27, and you get up to 200 yards (maybe more) between some holes. Pace of play was on the spot too, 6 hours for all 27. :)

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
You my man are in superb shape....and good shooting BTW...that sounds like a ton of fun. Congrats on no DB's....I am always pleased when I stay away from those...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
That title next to your name it made say "WTF !!!!!" and start salivating as I couldn't wait to read about your trainwreck.

And all I got was another humiliating account of how much better you are than me...sigh.

Nice round, bud.

ezra76

Feb 5, 2006
I thought you were gonna say it was for 36. You're losing it man.
icon10.gif

Are you giving the Superquad some game time or what?

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
Impressive walking the whole course. I was tired when I played all 27 RIDING this spring. The altitude change from 600ft here in Wisconsin to 6600ft at Paa ko didn't help. Great score from the tips also.

BTW What do you think of the new nine. Really liked, I believe, the first par 5 with all the fairway traps. Have you tried walking Black Mesa. Saw a number of people walk there also. Looked a bit easier as not as high 5500 ft and not as far between holes.

gunning4u

Dec 31, 2006
What a nice looking course it’s too bad the only time I’ve been threw NM was at dark it looks awesome. Did you go for it on the Gambler hole, it just looks like a sucker hole those bunkers looked deep. I would have played the blues for the first time but that’s just me. I wonder how much distance I would gain at 6,000 ft compared to the 500ft elevation I play at.

zaphod

Jan 30, 2007
When I was there it was tough to tell how much yardage you gained with the Driver as there were so many elevation changes from the tee boxes. There did appear to be less of an effect of sidespin on the ball and tended to go straighter. What do you think of this Jeff? For the irons and approaches I found I was using the same club but only swinging 3/4. The most difficult feature of Paa Ko for me was the greens. Fast, large with subtle breaks. It took me a while to learn to read them.

Again Jeff great score.

paddy10189

Sep 14, 2006
When I was in Albuquerque in late February Paa-Ko looked amazing. I am Coming out in December but it is probably going to be closed

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
It will be, but send me a PM before you come and maybe we can meet up and play, :D

paddy10189

Sep 14, 2006
Will do. I am not sure if I will be in Albuquerque or the Ruidosa area though.

Do you play the Arroyo course at all? My uncle lives about a block away from there

OP
JEFF4i

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Impressive walking the whole course. I was tired when I played all 27 RIDING this spring. The altitude change from 600ft here in Wisconsin to 6600ft at Paa ko didn't help. Great score from the tips also.

BTW What do you think of the new nine. Really liked, I believe, the first par 5 with all the fairway traps. Have you tried walking Black Mesa. Saw a number of people walk there also. Looked a bit easier as not as high 5500 ft and not as far between holes.

My apologies Zaph. :) Yes, I've walked Black Mesa, tough, but not as bad. Lot of fun, anyway. The new nine is really cool, I love the 3 5s, 3 4s, 3 3s. Cool style. The par 5s are brutal, long, and all around difficult holes. Makes for great golf.

When I was there it was tough to tell how much yardage you gained with the Driver as there were so many elevation changes from the tee boxes. There did appear to be less of an effect of sidespin on the ball and tended to go straighter. What do you think of this Jeff? For the irons and approaches I found I was using the same club but only swinging 3/4. The most difficult feature of Paa Ko for me was the greens. Fast, large with subtle breaks. It took me a while to learn to read them.

Again Jeff great score.

Yeah, the driving distances are kinda tough to judge. Good drives varied from 270-320, :) *shrug* I didn't notice any less sidespin compared to when I played something like, the Robert Trent Jones. But I couldn't verify one way or another. And yeah, the greens are pretty tough.

Will do. I am not sure if I will be in Albuquerque or the Ruidosa area though.

Do you play the Arroyo course at all? My uncle lives about a block away from there

I play Arroyo all the time, I live a block from there. :)

🔥 Latest posts