• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shot a 39 today!

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
Well, I finally played a really good round today. The little crap hole of a course that I played after a day full of teacher meetings proved to be a challenge for me. We got quite a bit of rain this morning in northern IL and everything was very soft. Every approach shot just plugged so accuracy was of the upmost importance.

Highlights:
-2nd par 5 583yrd in 2 that ended in a par
-5th hole par 4 384yrd 5ft from pin and 2 putt par
-8th hole par 4 326yrd (big pond infront of green that I put a driver into on a regular basis) 4 hybrid -> 9 iron 10ft behind pin and 2 putt par
-9th hole 318yrd where my drive was 10 yards from the middle front of green...I duffed my chip to about 15 ft and 2 putt for par

Dissapointments:
-should have eagled #2 but 3 putted instead
-3 putt on #3
-should have had birdies on #5,8 and 9
-putting was attrotious (21 putts total)

I am going to hit the putting green after my meetings for the rest of the week and try VJs idea of staring at the hole while lining up and stroking a putt.

Even though I should have destroyed the crap hole of a par 35 course, I am very pleased with my best 9 of the year at 39. Ball striking was great. I hit every green in or under regulation and my driver was in the middle all day. The putting killed me!

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
May 29, 2008
I don't think taking putting tips/tricks from VJ is the best of ideas. :)

Good score though.

OP
spartyon8

spartyon8

Cubbie Fever
Feb 23, 2008
I don't think taking putting tips/tricks from VJ is the best of ideas. :)

Good score though.

I also agree but he sure was sinking some long ones on Sunday. That was a HUGE improvement over Th, Fri, and Sat.

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.