• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

shot a nice 35 today...

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
for 9 holes, of course... 1 bird... a nice drive to the left rough left me 86 yds in.. nice 60* to 2 inches.. tap in birdie...

now i had a nice round... i could have easily broken 30 thats how nice is was, no joke... i missed birdie putts on 1 from 4 ft, 2 ill get to in a sec, 3 is the hole i birdied, 4 i had a nice up and down for par, 5 missed a 5 ft putt for bird after a bomb of a drive, 6 i missed a 7 ftr for bird after driving it into the greenside bunker and making a nice bunker shot..(bunker play is usually the weakness of my game) 7 i missed a 5 ftr for birdie, 8 i missed a 9 ftr for birdie, and 9 i missed a 12 ftr for birdie... so that makes 7/9 GIR...

that means i missed 6/7 of the birdie putts i had... and they were an average of 7 feet for the birdie putts i missed... wow... my putter was off...

so how did i manage a 35?? well on 2 a par 3 146 or w/e, i bladed my 9 iron, and was on the back fringe... i hit the worst chip ever with my 52*, it carried 5ft PAST the pin, and rolled 10 feet off the green... then i proceeded to chip it to 3 ft and miss the freaking putt.. double bogey..ARGGG!!

it was nice to come back with a bird though...

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
whats the par ?

34... no par 5's...:( the designer just ran out of room... thay are thinking about changing the last hole into a par 5, by adding more yardage onto it... currently it plays at 425 or something.. and it is the most likely candidate, because it being the 9th hole has quite a bit of a walk to the clubhouse... probable close to 100-150 yds of room... if they were to get rid of one of the 2 practice putting greens though...

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
seriously, find a new course to play. playing a tougher course will help your game a lot. whats the fun in shooting a 77 which on a real course would be 81 ? breaking 80 wouldnt even be a challenge at our caps (pretty much the same) try out a par 71-72 with a solid slope, and itll help you a lot.

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
you wanna buy a mil-spec?

ha, i would have bought a cameron a long time ago, if had any sort of money..:(

camerons are my guilty pleasure to look at, and to lowball bid on, and to on course demo with the intent of not even thinking of buying it....

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
seriously, find a new course to play. playing a tougher course will help your game a lot. whats the fun in shooting a 77 which on a real course would be 81 ? breaking 80 wouldnt even be a challenge at our caps (pretty much the same) try out a par 71-72 with a solid slope, and itll help you a lot.

thats where i shot my 68... 2 over, 2 under for a even par 68... and where i made my first ever birdie... memories there...

but thats not even my main course... i play falls road, and break 80 with a challenge, but it is too expensive to play every time... so i have to play the easy course sometimes...

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
ha, i would have bought a cameron a long time ago, if had any sort of money..:(

camerons are my guilty pleasure to look at, and to lowball bid on, and to on course demo with the intent of not even thinking of buying it....

In my area you can score a Cameron of craigslist for the price of a new 2-ball with ease. At one point last year there was a guy trying to move a Circa '62 #3 for like two months. It looked to be a in great condition and he only wanted like 170 for it. I almost bought the damn thing on principle alone.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
That's pretty sweet all the same, repeat repeat repeat.

OP
footballking732

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
In my area you can score a Cameron of craigslist for the price of a new 2-ball with ease. At one point last year there was a guy trying to move a Circa '62 #3 for like two months. It looked to be a in great condition and he only wanted like 170 for it. I almost bought the damn thing on principle alone.

i know, but still too much... i am very poor... i got my white steel 2 ball for $35 plus shipping on ebay...

as much as i love camerons, i just cant explain spending over $100 for a putter...

🔥 Latest posts