• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shot my best ever, an 86

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
Don't laugh. I play about 4 times a month usually just nine holes. I may get to the range about once every other week. I get about a good 5 months of golf weather where I live. I been playing for about 4 years. Am I progressing slow? or is that about what I should expect from the time I commit to it?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
The USGA says less than 15% of recreational golfers regularly break 100. A significantly lesser percent regularly break 90. And, it is only a small number who will shoot in the 70's.

Another fact, undocumented by the USGA, is that 99% of those who frequent internet golf forums ALWAYS shoot in the 60's or 70's... ALWAYS hit 350+ yard drives, center cut... ALWAYS land their ball 15 feet behind the hole and spin it back to less than 12"... and NEVER 2-putt! At this point in time, you and I are the only two exceptions. If you keep playing, I'm sure you'll soon leave me in the dust and become a "playa", too!!;););)

To break 90... to shoot your 86 is GREAT!!! Don't get too hung up on score. Just have fun and enjoy this great game of golf!!!

Johnny Par

Supporting Member
Sep 5, 2006
Great job. I am in the same boat as you. Been playing for almost 3 years, rarely get to the range. Key point is to have fun and enjoy. Great score!!! :)

retexan599

Apr 20, 2009
Hey, 86 is also my all-time best. I play fairly regularly, and average about 90-94. A few pars, the odd birdie, and I am happy. I just bought a new pair of Callaway branded golf shoes, so no doubt that will inspire me to go lower than 86...
:callaway::thumbs up:

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
WHY WOULD WE LAUGH?!

86 is a good score.

just as long as I beak 90, I'm happy.........I usually break 90, but every so often I'll have one of those rounds, and shot 95 or so.

Be happy with your 86, and keep on playing!

OP
D

daddymack

Mar 27, 2005
Wow,

Didnt know I was that awesome. Just kidding. I guess I should tell the whole story about it being on a pretty short course with no bunkers and a little water that is not very dangerous. It's a little under 4,000 yards.

DaGris

Bears fan in Georgia
Dec 8, 2007
Wow,

Didnt know I was that awesome. Just kidding. I guess I should tell the whole story about it being on a pretty short course with no bunkers and a little water that is not very dangerous. It's a little under 4,000 yards.
....mmmmm...thats pretty short...but still, a personal best.

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Wow,

Under 4k for a full 18? Dang...that is short. Whats par?

86 for 18 is still not bad!

Congrats!

cj_rich

Apr 27, 2009
You sound like you might be Canadian, or could be, as that's my reality as well. 5 months a year just ain't enough. Nice score daddymack!!

🔥 Latest posts