• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shot Talk "HOTLIST"

Youngun5

Beware of the Phog!
Aug 26, 2004
Cleveland HiBore Tour Issue 9.5* with my X flex YS-6+
If they actually made one, a 15* Precept 2-EZ Hybrid.
an 18* Precept 2-EZ hybrid
a 21* Precept 2-EZ hybrid
PowerBilt Citation Forged Irons 4-PW Rifle 5.5's
TM Rac Black 54* bent to 53*
TM Rac Black 60* bent to 58*
Guerin Rife 2-bar

those powerbilts are something else.. i swear

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Rifle Spinner shaft? Wooo... Didn't hear of that before in this part of the planet... Gotta check that out.

ROYAL PRECISION

Check out the used/mint HX tours over on GG. That could be an option if you want to stock up for the season and avoid a hoing dilemna.
icon10.gif
LMK because I'll most likely be buying another club from them and need to go over $100 to get free shipping anyway.

Sold. I'll go with that.

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
1. I'd like Scotty to make me a custom newport at 350g finished in gun blue with a sound slot and a santa fe style neck.

2. Jury is out on a new FW. I should have something by April for my CT adventure.

3. I could use new RTG 588s. Mine are 5 years old.

OP
hypergolf

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Rifle Spinner

Are Rifle Spinner shafts more flexible compared to the Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex? How do they differ from TT?

FKA19

winter ho'in
May 21, 2006
What are you trying to copy my woods.
icon10.gif
Nice choices but the SM would take a lot of bending... I think 54* is the lowest loft they come in.

yeah i knew that. since its a dream set i was just putting it down there as a dream club. i dont think they make them black nickel either, as i had put as well.

OP
hypergolf

hypergolf

Mar 6, 2007
Fuji 757

I have exactly the bag I want see my sig...

Cyberious. Just wondering... You have :smilie_fu 757 for all your woods including your driver. I thought driver had to be the lightest shaft, then fairway wood slightly heavier, then hybrid heavier than fairway etc. Just wondering why you decided to put 757 for all your woods. Thanks.

BStone

PGA Class A Professional
Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2006
Country
United States United States
Cyberious. Just wondering... You have :smilie_fu 757 for all your woods including your driver. I thought driver had to be the lightest shaft, then fairway wood slightly heavier, then hybrid heavier than fairway etc. Just wondering why you decided to put 757 for all your woods. Thanks.

The driver doesn't have to be the lightest shaft, just the way that a lot of people tend to do it. In my second bag, I have the Diamana 73 in both my driver and 3 wood, just altered the weight in the head of the fairway wood to match the swing weight to my driver.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
Are Rifle Spinner shafts more flexible compared to the Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex? How do they differ from TT?

Yes and no.

Rifle (Royal Precision) uses a different scale for their flexes. A 5.0 is generally considered "regular", R300, and 6.0 is considered a weak "stiff", or S300.

If you wanted "real world" numbers in terms of feel, here's what i can offer you:

Rifle 5.5 - 83 butt stiffness, 55 tip stiff, 1.83* torque
R300 DG - 83 butt, 53 tip, 1.83* torque
S300 DG - 90 butt, 55 tip, 1.67* torque
S300 DG Taper tip - 87 butt, 57 tip, 1.83* torque
Rifle 6.0 - 86 butt, 57 butt, 1.70* torque

Subtle differences, but you can weed you way through and imagine what each would offer. The Rifle 5.5 is more tip stiff than the R300, the same as the S300 .370, but less than the tapered version. The Rifle 6.0 is a tad tip stiffer than all of them, but not as butt stiff as the S300. So, if you had a harder transition, you'd go with the DG.

Lost yet? LOL...don't worry, it'll take some time to figure things out. You want a great read? Go to your local bookstore and get Tom Wishon's Search for the Perfect Golf Club. Best 16 bucks you'll ever spend.

Amazon.com: Search for the Perfect Golf Club: Books: Tom Wishon,Tom Grundner

R35

🔥 Latest posts