• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Shot Talk is on the auction block

Adam Pettman

Nov 3, 2005
If here is still for sale in a couple of months then I might be interested but right now I dont have the monies. Does the site make money? As it is or would it be up to the new owner to think of ingenius ways to make revenue.

twelvegage

live life. love life.
Jan 18, 2008
Would definitely hate to see you go, I couldn't imagine this forum being run any better.

OP
Slingblade61

Slingblade61

Supporting Member
Aug 26, 2004
I'm still going to be around, just not owning it anymore. :)

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Sling... Never would suggest less than the best for a gentleman like you. But.... selfishly, I hope you're stuck with us!!!! You have done an exemplary job keeping this a great fraternity of good people. Over the years, have seen some excellent forums evolve into mindless personal attacks and uncontrolled egos. ShotTalk has remained the pinnacle of the industry.... a ray of sunshine amongst stormclouds of manure.

Lives change. Needs change. Circumstances of family, finances, and feelings change. So, we do understand you may well have to turn over the reins to another. We understand... we don't have to eagerly anticipate such a change.

No matter what happens with ShotTalk, we do wish you only the best. Keep us posted. Keep your chin up. PM us if you need moral support.

Thanks again!!!!!!!

King Par

Supporting Member
Apr 15, 2007
Sling, you've ran this place real well. Thanks for everything you've done, and I wish you the best in the future.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
You better stick around, lord knows we don't have enough people busting my balls on here. :D

I'll buy this for 12k, turn it into Jeff's Place, then hold it for ransom for a collective to get it back...unless you guys actually love me that much!

TheWOAT

Sep 26, 2006
Sling, if I bought this place, you would be the first person Id ban.

Just kidding, I wish I had the cash for it, part of me is interested, the other part is broke.

MIKE1218

Top Bloke
Dec 21, 2006
How many active members post here? Everybody pitch in $20 or whatever, and Shottalk can be a corporation! Sling, you can stay on as CEO and Administrator. :D

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
How many active members post here? Everybody pitch in $20 or whatever, and Shottalk can be a corporation! Sling, you can stay on as CEO and Administrator. :D

I had that same thought...

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007

Works for me, I'd be more than willing to contribute. :thumbs up:

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I'll continue to contribute my radiant personality, fa sho fa sho.

Honestly, we all know you're in the red here Sling, but if you could possibly oblige some of us with numbers, I bet we could bring something up decent looking for ya!

TheTrueReview

"Playing it straight"
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2009
Country
Australia Australia
To quote an old song from the Australian rock group "Mental as Anything" ...

"... if you leave me, can I come too?" :p

mddubya

Hybrid convert
Nov 6, 2007
Whats the skinny Sling? Are you just tired of running the board? If so, I understand, and can accept that. But if its finances, give us regs a chance to help out. Personally, I love the way you've run Shot Talk, and don't relish the idea of it changing hands. So if there is anything we can do to help out, let us know? I was more than happy to pony up for the membership, and was actually surprised it was a one time deal. Would it help out if we paid yearly?

I love this place, so much so I'm not even a member of any other golf forums. Like I said, I have no problem paying yearly, perhaps even raising the cost of the premium membership?

Just an idea?

🔥 Latest posts