• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ShotTalk.com Monthly Contest - Win $25 At Your Favorite Sporting Goods Store

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
United States United States
We are going to have a monthly contest here at ShotTalk giving away a $25 gift card to your favorite sporting goods store. My hope is that as we grow so will the contest prize(s) :)

The contest is simple:

For every person that you refer you will get 5 points. For every new thread that you create you will be given 2 points. For every post that you make you will be given 1 point.

The person with the most points at the end of the contest will be the winner.

For a referral to count the person must use our referral system, which I will explain to you before the contest begins.

Rules:
  1. Spamming low quality posts and threads could get you disqualified. This will be left up to me to determine.
  2. Posts and threads within the Off Topic category of the site will not count toward the contest. Also, posts in private forums, such as the supporters forum and admin forums will not count as well.
  3. Winners will be unable to win again for three months. Three months after the month that they won they will be able to take part in the contest again.
The first contest will start on May 1, 2012 and end on May 31, 2012. Let me know if you have any questions.

Edit: See here for Invitation help: http://www.shottalk.com/threads/in-preparation-for-the-contest-intro-to-our-invite-system.33065/

SilverUberXeno

El Tigre Blanco
Jul 26, 2005
I don't know how I feel about this. More activity is great, but I fear it will encourage repeat/excessive posting. We shall see. It is refreshing to see a new idea though, Dogfish. Much appreciated.

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
I don't know how I feel about this. More activity is great, but I fear it will encourage repeat/excessive posting. We shall see. It is refreshing to see a new idea though, Dogfish. Much appreciated.

Yea we can always come up with something else if this turns out not to work out. Worth a shot though.

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Great!! It's an effort towards growing the Board. Let's hope it's successfull.

J.P.C.

Aug 31, 2010
Cape Town, South Africa
Country
South Africa South Africa
Good Idea - make it easier for you Dogfish Head, please do not count my posts or anything please, don't have access to Dicks and to ship to SA will work out way to expensive.:)

OP
Dogfish Head

Dogfish Head

Staff member
TEA is my HERO
Apr 8, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Country
Good Idea - make it easier for you Dogfish Head, please do not count my posts or anything please, don't have access to Dicks and to ship to SA will work out way to expensive.:)

If you win we can figure out an equivalent for you. :)

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
last time I wrote software for a guy here he paid me with 6 dozen pro vs and a set of mp32 lol.... haven't heard from him since

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Country
How about the winner would be whoever has the most avatars with a man with his head up his azz.

BigJim13

Staff member
Aug 13, 2006
How about the winner would be whoever has the most avatars with a man with his head up his azz.

Yeah, we could do that. But who would be foolish enough to have an avatar like that? :p

🔥 Latest posts

Members online