• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ShotTalk Golfers You'd Like to Play

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
If we are going to have participants fly across the pond, then Orlando is THE choice. They simply fly non-stop from whatever major international airport is closest to them....Shannon, Dublin, Heathrow, Gatwick, Edinburgh, Manchester.

For those of us in North America, we can all fly there non-stop too...

Speak for yourself.

Regina-Minneapolis -Orlando

or

Regina-Toronto-Orlando

Not that i'm complaing, but it's a pain in the a$$...

R35

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
That's what makes planning a trip like this so tough...it's impossible to accommodate everyone's schedule.
So true Bravo

Maybe what we need are a few "regional qualifiers" - the south, the northeast, the midwest, the west. No residency requirements!!! just a desire to be there. Be a whole lot easier to get the boys in new england together and the wisconsin/nebraska/kansas crowd. Jeff may go unchallenged in new mex tho :) then let there best come take on the south (after we meet to see who is best )

Bravo, didnt you post once about a course that was like all day with experimental grasses and all that? (too lazy to search :) )

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Speak for yourself.

Regina-Minneapolis -Orlando

or

Regina-Toronto-Orlando

Not that i'm complaing, but it's a pain in the a$$...

R35

Like I said before, if you didn't live in BFE you wouldn't have this problem ;)

And for what it's worth, I'll either be connecting thru Dulles (United) Philly (UsAir) or JFK(Jet Blue) so not everyone in the USA can fly direct either. Either way, Orlando is still super easy to get to... start saving now Rock. A trip like this will prob cost about a grand.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
w00t Uncontested for New Mexico! I knew there was a benefit to it all.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Like I said before, if you didn't live in BFE you wouldn't have this problem ;)

And for what it's worth, I'll either be connecting thru Dulles (United) Philly (UsAir) or JFK(Jet Blue) so not everyone in the USA can fly direct either. Either way, Orlando is still super easy to get to... start saving now Rock. A trip like this will prob cost about a grand.

well if you connect thru dulles, youll be 20 minutes away from my house, if there wasnt any traffic of course...

i wish i could make it, but unless its held in snowy DC/MD, i wont be able to make it, due to funds... :(

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Yeah, why I was pushing New Mexico.

Cheap nice hotels. Cheap nice golf. I can actually afford it, money been tight lately.

sssmokin

Retired and loving it
Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
I'd enjoy playing golf with any one (or all) of you Guys. Realistically, I'm going to try to get ahold of Zaphod sometime this summer for a round, since we're close by. He sounds pretty good, so I might get my ass kicked, but it wouldn't be the first time............as long as it isn't by Warbirdlover.......LOL. Also, I'll have to catch a mess of bluegills.........since Zaphod's signature says "and thanks for all the fish". :laugh:

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005
Sounds like Tim, B and I are up for Orlando in Dec. B do you mind spearheading this thing? I think we should put some feelers out there and then maybe get some deposits in a few months to see who is interested.

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Yeah, why I was pushing New Mexico.

Cheap nice hotels. Cheap nice golf. I can actually afford it, money been tight lately.

new mexico would be a hell of alot better than trying to hold it in DC/MD in the cold winter months.. but everyone on here seems to be east coast, or midwest...

id love to play NM... i actually might be going over that way in the next year or so, to visit my uncle who just recently moved there from ohio... so maybe then we can get in a round...

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Sounds like Tim, B and I are up for Orlando in Dec. B do you mind spearheading this thing? I think we should put some feelers out there and then maybe get some deposits in a few months to see who is interested.

Tim, where would you suggest we target in Orlando?

I'm thinking:

Champion's Gate (National, International, or both - I wasn't THAT impressed with the international, quite frankly...)
ChampionsGate Orlando florida golf best resorts golfing

Orange County National (two great courses)
Best Public Golf Course Orlando - Orlando Golf Public - Website of Florida Golf Course

Then it's about a 90 mile drive to World Woods.

That would make for a pretty full weekend. 36 holes at either Champions's Gate or Orange National (or both), then a drive out to World Woods?

footballking732

BURNER BABY!!
Sep 2, 2006
Tim, where would you suggest we target in Orlando?

I'm thinking:

Champion's Gate (National, International, or both - I wasn't THAT impressed with the international, quite frankly...)
ChampionsGate Orlando florida golf best resorts golfing

Orange County National (two great courses)
Best Public Golf Course Orlando - Orlando Golf Public - Website of Florida Golf Course

Then it's about a 90 mile drive to World Woods.

That would make for a pretty full weekend. 36 holes at either Champions's Gate or Orange National (or both), then a drive out to World Woods?

definately do orange county national... my rental car guide had a coupon for $50 or something like that for 1 round with cart... an amazing course!!

chemboy2

M634
Supporting Member
Sep 23, 2004
Sorry, got here late! (spent the last two weeks in Costa Rica)

Id enjoy a round with anyone. If I had to choose:

Piper
Lyle
ez
rock
WBL
Smokin
tmag
charnuk
Chemboy
Petersmells ( dosent post often but we PM alot ;))
sling
VT
Jeff

Those are the ones that came to mind.

It'd be great to smack the SQ Tours around together!

No one in Central Ca for me to play with...really not any Californians at all that I have seen but anyone that could make it within an hour me could laugh at my swing if they wanted.

How Central? We talking Bakersfield or Sacramento? I live in SJ and I'm sure there are some decent courses somewhere in between...

Bravo et al. - you want a great location with great courses and inexpensive hotels - Palm Springs, CA in the summer! Sure it's 100*F but the humidity is <20% and courses that cost $200 round can be had for $50-60. Paid $55 last year for Trilogoy (the Skinds Game course) and another $55 for Silver Rock (new Bob Hope Chrysler Classic course for next year). This area hurts for visitors in the summer and courses, airfare, and hotels all get VERY reasonable in the summer.

SplooGe

Supporting Member
Jan 7, 2007
Bakersfield, There are some in the middle actually. I played Hunter Ranch in Paso Robles a couple of weeks ago. The course was in great shape but my game was not(without the local knowledge or a yardage book until the back 9 I went through more than one fairway). Playing at Turlock CC Monday and I've only good things about it as well.

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online