• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ShotTalk Golfers You'd Like to Play

SiberianDVM

I love Hooters
Jul 25, 2005
Augusta, GA
Country
United States United States
So far, I have played rounds with DouginGA, chollyred, and SCgolfer.

Although the round that SCgolfer, his dad, my friend Steve, and I played yesterday could only have been called "golf" using the most generous description of the term. More like "flog".

I promise, SCgolfer, I'm usually not that bad! :D

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
We've talked from time to time about getting a big tourney together....

Frankly, on several golf websites like ST, these tournaments DO indeed happen. I know of one board that has members primarily in the NE US and they do a trip every year. (Travel is easier for them bc they can drive/ride together though).

I have a strong belief that having our tournament in the city of an ST member (The Host) has many advantages.

1) Hotel arrangements can be shopped and secured because the Host knows their community well.

2) Bad or marginal courses are eliminated for the same reason.

3) After the attendees agree on a budget and what they are willing to spend, the Host can secure tee times at local courses that meet the criteria of the group.

4) The Host becomes the Czar and basically makes decisions on behalf of the group. Getting everyone together to vote constantly on everything makes it more stressful on everybody.

(Last weekend, six of us went to Destin,FL and spent the weekend playing. One of the guys set it all up, courses, restaurants...everything. It was great. All I did was show up and go in the direction he pointed. The ultimate in a 'brainless' vacation for me...pix to come.)

I've offered to host this event in October, which is an excellent time to play golf in the S.E. U.S. because of the combination of course conditions and weather. Also, because almost everyone will have to fly in, Birmingham is a very good location because we have service by Southwest Airlines. If you buy your ticket far enough in advance on SWA, you can fly round trip from any SWA airport in America for about $350 USD. I know enough about where our American members live to know that the majority of them are within an easy drive to an airport served by SWA, so this would help greatly. Also Canadians could get here on other major carriers who serve our airport too. It also goes without saying that we would be delighted to see our UK and Irish friends make it over if possible as well.

As we go through this Summer, we need to talk again about this, as I would be happy to put it together. The biggest issue is GETTING PEOPLE TO COMMIT several months in advance and stick to their commitment. If they need to save up money for the trip, they need to be disciplined and put away a few dollars or Euros every month...and they need to BUY an airfare 2-4 months in advance and pay for it - to get the lowest fare possible...

If you guys would like to consider this, let's keep the dialogue going. We could have a great time here and I think you would like the weather, the courses and the value for the money spent...

charnockpro

Aug 25, 2005
I am glad to see i got one mention, must be the critique that i have doled out over the year or so i have been posting! i would willingly play with anyone off here they are all golf nuts like me

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada

Frankly, on several golf websites like ST, these tournaments DO indeed happen. I know of one board that has members primarily in the NE US and they do a trip every year. (Travel is easier for them bc they can drive/ride together though).

I have a strong belief that having our tournament in the city of an ST member (The Host) has many advantages.

1) Hotel arrangements can be shopped and secured because the Host knows their community well.

3) After the attendees agree on a budget and what they are willing to spend, the Host can secure tee times at local courses that meet the criteria of the group.

4) The Host becomes the Czar and basically makes decisions on behalf of the group. Getting everyone together to vote constantly on everything makes it more stressful on everybody.

(Last weekend, six of us went to Destin,FL and spent the weekend playing. One of the guys set it all up, courses, restaurants...everything. It was great. All I did was show up and go in the direction he pointed. The ultimate in a 'brainless' vacation for me...pix to come.)

I've offered to host this event in October, which is an excellent time to play golf in the S.E. U.S. because of the combination of course conditions and weather. Also, because almost everyone will have to fly in, Birmingham is a very good location because we have service by Southwest Airlines. If you buy your ticket far enough in advance on SWA, you can fly round trip from any SWA airport in America for about $350 USD. I know enough about where our American members live to know that the majority of them are within an easy drive to an airport served by SWA, so this would help greatly. Also Canadians could get here on other major carriers who serve our airport too. It also goes without saying that we would be delighted to see our UK and Irish friends make it over if possible as well.

As we go through this Summer, we need to talk again about this, as I would be happy to put it together. The biggest issue is GETTING PEOPLE TO COMMIT several months in advance and stick to their commitment. If they need to save up money for the trip, they need to be disciplined and put away a few dollars or Euros every month...and they need to BUY an airfare 2-4 months in advance and pay for it - to get the lowest fare possible...

If you guys would like to consider this, let's keep the dialogue going. We could have a great time here and I think you would like the weather, the courses and the value for the money spent...

B,

I would be 100% in if I wasn't going to be in Barbados for 3/4 of the month in October. I'm definitely out.

Unless...

"Uh, I'm just gonna head to the store to get some more Banks. I'll be back in a bit..."

"Why are you taking your suitcase and golf clubs?"

Hmm....:D

R35

VtDivot

SLIGHTERED
Supporting Member
Apr 16, 2005

Late November is doable for me... October is not

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
Sweet! We should make the trip to here in New Mexico, :D Great golf, lots of good cheap courses, and me!

Jun 24, 2006
Id enjoy a round with anyone. If I had to choose:

Piper
Lyle
ez
rock
WBL
Smokin
tmag
charnuk
Chemboy
Petersmells ( dosent post often but we PM alot ;))
sling
VT
Jeff

Those are the ones that came to mind.

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Sweet! We should make the trip to here in New Mexico, :D Great golf, lots of good cheap courses, and me!

My wife wants to visit NM some time so I'll let you know when we are headed out there. I have been across NM on both I 40 and I 10 and I find it to be quite beautiful.

🔥 Latest posts