• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ShotTalk Golfers You'd Like to Play

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005
Thanks, am about to check that out.

Am looking forward to seeing my sister as she and her husband have just returned from there. Her husband is very good at planning things and researching what would be the most cost-effective means of exploring the place, so he, too, will be useful to gain knowledge from.

I also want to check out this place:

Denny's - Homepage

Anyone ever been...? :)

(I know, I'm obsessed with food....:( :eek:)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Thanks, am about to check that out.

Am looking forward to seeing my sister as she and her husband have just returned from there. My husband is very good at planning things and researching what would be the most cost-effective means of exploring the place, so he, too, will be useful to gain knowledge from.

Denny's - Homepage

Something you're wanting to tell us Andy. :laugh:

Sandy

Aug 29, 2006

Denny's - Homepage

I'd set your sights higher than Dennys on a trip over here, Andy!

It would be like getting all the Americans on here to come over to the UK for a visit and taking them to Little Chef to show them what British food is all about... :laugh:

(The *do* good breakfasts at Dennys though, I have to admit...)

DaveE

The golfer fka ST Champ
Aug 31, 2004
Yeah, why I was pushing New Mexico.

Cheap nice hotels. Cheap nice golf. I can actually afford it, money been tight lately.

I don't know Jeff, New Mexico might not be the best choice. :p
Golf_Course.jpg

DouginGA

dont tread on me
Dec 8, 2005
I'd set your sights higher than Dennys on a trip over here, Andy!

It would be like getting all the Americans on here to come over to the UK for a visit and taking them to Little Chef to show them what British food is all about... :laugh:

(The *do* good breakfasts at Dennys though, I have to admit...)

Sandy, you have to admit that dennys is true american food, quick fast and junky.

Andy, you really got to check out a Waffle House once too! best place to go if you are constipated from travel as the eggs slide off the plate and then right thru you :)

gwlee7

Ho's from Rocky Mount, NC
Supporting Member
Jun 15, 2005
Andy, you really got to check out a Waffle House once too! best place to go if you are constipated from travel as the eggs slide off the plate and then right thru you :)

I got turned around trying to navigate through Atlanta one time and the person that I asked for directions didn't give me exits to count or numbers or anything like that. She said, "You need to go down four Waffle Houses and then merge to the left and you'll be right back on your way." While we have one here in Rocky Mount, NC, they are everywhere in Georgia. The best time to go is around 1:30 am.

Eracer

No more triple bogies!!
Oct 31, 2005
Sandy, you have to admit that dennys is true american food, quick fast and junky.

Definitely have to do the Waffle House experience! Best bet is around 1:00am after several rounds of frosty beverages. Denny's is a great late night snack shack too, but there's nothing quite like Waffle House.

This is sounding like an Orlando trip to me. I think everyone would love Orange County National. And Champion's Gate is really nice as well. Don't forget about the Disney courses either. They are all great courses, if a bit pricey. Tim knows more about O-town than I do, but I do know that for a four-day, three-night stay, we've easily got two of the days covered with those two courses (both have 36 fine holes available). World Woods is great, but I can't see doing that unless we are staying in the Brooksville area (where World Woods is located). It's just logistically too tough. Besides, the local Yankee women in that part of the state aren't exactly South Beach material, if you get my drift...and we've got to keep Andy happy...:laugh:

I'm ready to go the first week of December, if that's the idea. And I'll help scout around for some condo deals once I get a good idea how many will make the trip.

JEFF4i

She lives!
Supporting Member
Jul 3, 2006
I don't know Jeff, New Mexico might not be the best choice. :p

Hahaha, that's convincingly New Mexico, except our courses are in nice shape, and there is great fishing, hiking, all that.

But yeah, that looks like parts of New Mexico.

Bravo

Aug 27, 2004
Definitely have to do the Waffle House experience! Best bet is around 1:00am after several rounds of frosty beverages. Denny's is a great late night snack shack too, but there's nothing quite like Waffle House.

This is sounding like an Orlando trip to me. I think everyone would love Orange County National. And Champion's Gate is really nice as well. Don't forget about the Disney courses either. They are all great courses, if a bit pricey. Tim knows more about O-town than I do, but I do know that for a four-day, three-night stay, we've easily got two of the days covered with those two courses (both have 36 fine holes available). World Woods is great, but I can't see doing that unless we are staying in the Brooksville area (where World Woods is located). It's just logistically too tough. Besides, the local Yankee women in that part of the state aren't exactly South Beach material, if you get my drift...and we've got to keep Andy happy...:laugh:

I'm ready to go the first week of December, if that's the idea. And I'll help scout around for some condo deals once I get a good idea how many will make the trip.

We've got to get pictures of Andy at the Waffle House....surrounded with huge platters of eggs, bacon, sausage, canadian bacon, hash browns, grits, toast, pancakes and what the hell - throw in some waffles too.

He'd waddle out to the first tee the following morning like a Penguin....

Orange County National looks superb...I'd love to play there. I wonder if the group would be willing to do one night in Brooksville so we could play both World Woods as well as El Diablo and then move back into Orlando for OCN? I know the logistics would be tougher but dammit - that would be a HELL of a golf trip!! People would be coming long distances but EVERY course would be an award winner....

As much as I am a proponent of World Woods, the group would need to know that if we stayed in Brooksville, we are out in a small town. Therefore the nightlife would be our own....we'd have to bring our own booze and ham it up...

Andy_79

Oct 6, 2005

Eracer lad, you sound like my sorta guy !! :)

Bravo: that sounds swesome. What are 'grits' btww, though ? :)

So what sorta numbers are we looking right now, then....?

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
Plenty of good courses in Orlando, but World Woods kind of intreagues me. Yes, its a small town and has some logistics problems (lodging, transportation, etc.) but it would purely be a golfing weekend. As far as entertainment goes, I am sure we could figure something out.;)

Even though I live here, I have not played too many of the high dollar courses as I get better deals at some other local clubs. Orlando has the advantage of several course, easy tranportaion (not necessarily cheap though), tons of lodging choices, and other entertainment venues. If anyone is bringing family along for the ride, there is enough to do in Orlando to keep them busy while we golf.

Timing wise, the week right after US Thanksgiving can still be a bit pricey for airfares until the Wednesday after T-day due to holiday overflow traffic. The first few weeks of December normally provide the best value in airfare as they fall between the peaks of Thanksgiving and X-mas. Golf prices will be about as low as they get for the winter season through the first week of January (the real deals are in the furnace months.) Tourist wise, the first few weeks of December are normally some of the lowest volume during the year. WDW will always be fairly busy, but it is definitely some of the slower weeks compared to the rest of the year.

Personally, I would be leaning towards World Woods, but I am game for trying an Orlando area trip as well. We need to set a date at some point so I can ensure I get the days off. I work weekends and need to arrange for a day or two off depending on the schedule.

Greydawg

King Of All Hackers!!!
Dec 15, 2006
Being quite new to this forum, I really don't know anyone yet.
But I hope to get the opportunity to play a round with Sandy sometime soon.
I don't get the chance to play out of state too much so...
Anyone else from Jersey wanna' get the chance to laugh hysterically at my game???:prop:
The entertainment value alone will be worth the price of admission!:biglol:

🔥 Latest posts