• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

ShotTalk members...unite!!!

ualtim

Carrollton, TX
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2005
Country
United States United States
at least the short posts are easier to read. ;)

Post away limp, post away.

Rockford35

Shark skin shoes
Staff member
Admin
Aug 30, 2004
Canada
Country
Canada Canada
So, the Admins can't ban us if we get out of line? Yippeeeeeeeee! It's just like an old west saloon! Woops! You said "in regards to settings". Sheesh! OTOH, the Admins are the best, most handsome, kindest, gentlest ..............
Oh, we can still hand out timeouts and bannings. We also accept bribes, of any monetary denomination. :D

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
From Forum Foundry:

Pulled the revenue figures and it brings in about $100/month. Our bottom dollar on it would be $3600 — which is a 3x sale. It’s actually less than we paid for the site, we bought it for $5000.

The outage was caused by invalid WHOIS information (first time we’ve ever had a domain put on suspension for that reason) because the old owners info was never changed to our own. It was not caused by a bill that wasn’t paid and it shouldn’t happen again in the future.
Tell them that ever since they took over we've had issues with the site that none of us can remedy.

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
Ever since the "crash" I should say.

I have to approve almost every single post you guys make. It's getting to be a real pain in the ass and it just started happening when we came back online.

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

I have to approve almost every single post you guys make. It's getting to be a real pain in the ass and it just started happening when we came back online.
That sucks! Have you reached out to them about it?

OP
Fairwaysplitter3320

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country

I just emailed them about this, hope it gets fixed.

Admin

Staff member
Admin
Mar 6, 2014

Where are you having to "approve" people's posts... and is it for regular members or only new members? Please be detailed, screenshots help... next time it happens please send me a PM with one waiting in the moderation and do not approve it.

Admin

Staff member
Admin
Mar 6, 2014
Looks like another admin messed up the permissions for the registered user group. I have reset them so they are no longer broken.

🔥 Latest posts